Chameleon is very dark

Vmoreno

Hey guys I recently got a Jackson's chameleon. I've had him for about a week and a half. He's about 1 1/2 to 2 months old. But he's always a very dark color. I know the tempeture and the humidity levels are good because I check them constantly. He eats a lot about 15 crickets a day he would probably eat more if I gave him more. And he does drink water all the time. Does anyone have any input on this I would greatly appreciate it. Here are some pictures.

Thanks

Sorry here's the picture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 170
Sorry having computer issues that's why send them separately

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 235
what are the temps in his basking and ambient? He is pretty dang dark.

What is your feeding and supplement schedule?

Can you do a wide picture of his total set up?

You guys are right he does look older. About 25 to 33 weeks. I give him crickets everyday and I dust them every other day with phosphorus free calcium with d3. His ambient temp is 70-75 and his basking temp is about 82. Here is a picture of his set up. Thanks for your guys help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 113
You guys are right he does look older. About 25 to 33 weeks. I give him crickets everyday and I dust them every other day with phosphorus free calcium with d3. His ambient temp is 70-75 and his basking temp is about 82. Here is a picture of his set up. Thanks for your guys help

Sounds like your supplementing needs some adjustment. There is a great caresheet in the care section, you should find a link on the home page of the forum. Jacksons require less supplements than other chameleons. I use a plain phosphorus free calcium NO D3 at most feedings, phosphorus free calcium w D3 once a month and a multivitamin once or twice a month.

d3 overdose can kill your little guy.

Also are you gut loading the crickets w fresh veggies and greens?

Also note that you will need to offer a variety of insects. You can try silk worms, horn worms, roaches, blue bottle flies....etc.

Yeah I but load my crickets with veggies. I did try giving him some roaches and worms but he wasn't really interested.

He looks pissed! is there any loud or reacurring noise in his room beside the mister? do you cup feed or let all 15 crickets just run and jump all over the place? is there any other animals in the house that he can see that will scare him or keep him on edge? have you checked him for any bruises from a fall or injury? all these can stress him out. when wonka is pissed he is jet black. I picked him up when he was sleeping once and he when from blue and red to jet black!! it was horrifying !

Back
Top Bottom