Chameleon is an ahole

I might try to do that ...as soon as I can get my damn male out of his enclosure :mad:...I even bought a pair of gloves so if he does bite me he doesn't break skin again...
Try showing in one hand. When he goes to bite that hand. Try going Underneath Him that usually works for me and once they get on your hand they don't really try to fight it. Only problem with that they start to learn what you doing.mine is like a Raptor

You may want to show him an other male so he feels there is competition and wants to mate more.
If you don't have an other male a mirror might work...
Can't confirm it will work but I've read this when reading in on breeding Jacksonii.

You may want to show him an other male so he feels there is competition and wants to mate more.
If you don't have an other male a mirror might work...
Can't confirm it will work but I've read this when reading in on breeding Jacksonii.
ill try and give that a shot...i do have another male...i will also try the mirror thing with him.

My male can be a real ahole, too. I keep a small bamboo stick on hand for when he gets all bitey. Once he starts puffing up I just put the stick lengthwise down his body on the side I'm trying to pick him up from. That way when he bites he gets the stick and not the hand. Once I get him out of the cage he usually stops puffing and starts trying to run away :p
I can't help with the mating thing, though it sounds to me like he's just not ready! Give him time, try again every few weeks?

I got two of mine together yesterday. It was also my mean one. You should have seen me trying to get him out of the cage

I have one that I can't even go in the tank. I think it's the rule everybody gets one. Just keep trying. It could because she's not ready or he's not ready . watch for the head Bob on him. If she's trying to run away don't do it I also put my males in the females. You can try holding her next to his cage and see if he notices. You should get a lot of advice from other people they could help you more than I can

What does head bob mean?

Back
Top Bottom