Chameleon in a dire situation.

I was able to get her to down 9 crickets when I syringe fed her, shes starting to regain a little bit of back leg movement, some light grasping.
You can not fix her with a dang cricket . Are you listening to anyone on this thread ? If you plan to do what ever you want and take no advice you are wasting everyone’s time here . Time that could be spent helping someone whom can listen !.

I'm not trying to be harsh here, and I haven't read the other comments, but this girl has MBD. I dont want to hurt any feelings, but if you were only using a deep dome with a single UVB on top of the screen this was probably the largest contributing factor outside of using the calcium on the feeders. A deep dome specifically for chams is dangerous on top of a screen cage. There a large distance between the bulb and the screen and the screen is already filtering a huge amount of uvb. Linear is used in general because it's a consistent uvb at an appropriate levels. Domes can be used but you need to be using meters to measure the uvb. I'm sorry that this has happened but MBD is almost completely preventable.
Just saying, this uvb light has been on her for barely any time, Im buying a linear bulb tomorrow. Remember, I wasnt the one who actually caused this stuff, ive had her for a week only.

You can not fix her with a dang cricket . Are you listening to anyone on this thread ? If you plan to do what ever you want and take no advice you are wasting everyone’s time here . Time that could be spent helping someone whom can listen !.
what has been answered? none of the questions I asked and i have addressed the little that was answered. I have NO access to vets that can treat chameleons where I am. Why is this such a complicated concept? With my old chameleons I would just drive when they had issues. But this one cannot survive a drive.

what has been answered? none of the questions I asked and i have addressed the little that was answered. I have NO access to vets that can treat chameleons where I am. Why is this such a complicated concept? With my old chameleons I would just drive when they had issues. But this one cannot survive a drive.
She won’t survive period .

Ok im back...what kind of animal show...this is sooooo so sad....u must be heartbroken totally :cautious:
Oh you mean what animal show... It was the scott smiths all animal expo, i go there normally to pick up some stuff for my other animals. Sorry I didn't respond, Im kinda focused on other things.

Oh you mean what animal show... It was the scott smiths all animal expo, i go there normally to pick up some stuff for my other animals. Sorry I didn't respond, Im kinda focused on other things.
No worry there...can i call u by ur name Sidney:)
Did the vender or seller tell u that she is in the bad condition or they just sold her to u in the hurry?:cautious:

No worry there...can i call u by ur name Sidney:)
Did the vender or seller tell u that she is in the bad condition or they just sold her to u in the hurry?:cautious:
The vender sold her telling me she was in bad condition. I got her for free and decided to possibly try to get her back to normal. (I have owned 2 chameleons prior to this one that lived long lives)

The vender sold her telling me she was in bad condition. I got her for free and decided to possibly try to get her back to normal. (I have owned 2 chameleons prior to this one that lived long lives)
So did the vendor has all sorts of bad shape reptile or it just this poor grly?
What other 2 chams do u have before?

His reptiles looked pretty bad. They weren't consistently bad, but they definitely could have been kept better. If all of the other chameleons were healthy I would have assumed there was a genetic or more complicated issue at play and wouldn't have bought her. I just felt bad for the poor cham and thought there was something I could do, now i'm realizing that was naive. My other two chameleons were male veiled that lived to around 6 years each.

His reptiles looked pretty bad. They weren't consistently bad, but they definitely could have been kept better. If all of the other chameleons were healthy I would have assumed there was a genetic or more complicated issue at play and wouldn't have bought her. I just felt bad for the poor cham and thought there was something I could do, now i'm realizing that was naive. My other two chameleons were male veiled that lived to around 6 years each.
So u are a kind hearted woman that couldnt resist the poor veiled so u took her home and try to save her, but U didnt know how to,and thats why u turn urself in this love of the forum :cautious:

Back
Top Bottom