chameleon hydration (misting, fogger, drip system)

Hi @haileyreich Welcome to the forum.
humidity and hydration can be a difficult issue for our chameleons

What are your ambient humidity levels in the room like? You can use your hygrometer from your cage to measure them. If it’s pretty low (less than 50%) there are things you can do to stabilize the humidity at higher levels in your enclosure
It looks like you have an all screen cage. Covering the back, sides, and front door with some sort of plastic or similar product can help retain humidity. Shrink fit window insulation works pretty well for this. You can create a “hybrid” enclosure by covering the back, sides, and front door with the window insulation, leaving the top and front substrate tray door uncovered. The more surfaces you cover, the more control you’ll have over the humidity This can help hold in humidity. More live vs plastic plants will also help raise and maintain humidity

start by measuring what the conditions are like in the room outside the enclosure and then you can better determine what you’ll need to do to maintain humidity within the enclosure

thank y
Hi @haileyreich Welcome to the forum.
humidity and hydration can be a difficult issue for our chameleons

What are your ambient humidity levels in the room like? You can use your hygrometer from your cage to measure them. If it’s pretty low (less than 50%) there are things you can do to stabilize the humidity at higher levels in your enclosure
It looks like you have an all screen cage. Covering the back, sides, and front door with some sort of plastic or similar product can help retain humidity. Shrink fit window insulation works pretty well for this. You can create a “hybrid” enclosure by covering the back, sides, and front door with the window insulation, leaving the top and front substrate tray door uncovered. The more surfaces you cover, the more control you’ll have over the humidity This can help hold in humidity. More live vs plastic plants will also help raise and maintain humidity

start by measuring what the conditions are like in the room outside the enclosure and then you can better determine what you’ll need to do to maintain humidity within the enclosure
thank you! my humidity in my room is pretty low. i just put him to bed and i’m going to mist and turn my fogger on in a couple minutes. i now have live plants so i am going to see what the humidity levels are tonight and see what i need to do in the morning. i believe that i will have to cover the back and sides but i will go from there in the morning. thank you for all the help. my temperatures are in range for day time and night time and i have my fan on for adequate air flow. my biggest concern is the humidity because i don’t want him to become dehydrated.

thank y

thank you! my humidity in my room is pretty low. i just put him to bed and i’m going to mist and turn my fogger on in a couple minutes. i now have live plants so i am going to see what the humidity levels are tonight and see what i need to do in the morning. i believe that i will have to cover the back and sides but i will go from there in the morning. thank you for all the help. my temperatures are in range for day time and night time and i have my fan on for adequate air flow. my biggest concern is the humidity because i don’t want him to become dehydrated.
Controlling humidity is a pretty common issue especially with screen cages. This type of product should work well to cover the screen sides
https://www.amazon.com/Duck-10-Wind...ocphy=1021721&hvtargid=pla-309159534601&psc=1

There’s a lot of very experienced keepers here on the forum that will be happy to help you ensure your Cham has the best possible conditions to live a long happy life.
don’t be afraid to ask any questions here 😊

Controlling humidity is a pretty common issue especially with screen cages. This type of product should work well to cover the screen sides
https://www.amazon.com/Duck-10-Wind...ocphy=1021721&hvtargid=pla-309159534601&psc=1

There’s a lot of very experienced keepers here on the forum that will be happy to help you ensure your Cham has the best possible conditions to live a long happy life.
don’t be afraid to ask any questions here 😊
thank you so much! i’m glad i found the forums because i actually feel like i’m getting the right information unlike when i was talking to so called serpentarium people

Back
Top Bottom