Chameleon haters?!

Stanly

So I was in petco the other day, buying things for my panther and my (at that time) soon to be jacksons. When I asked the employ if they had any other uvb bulbs (all they had was zilla so I passed). he asked what reptile I was buying it for so I told him a chameleon, to which he replied something along the lines of "don't get one of those they (something derogatory)".

I said really? Why's that? he said I had one "they're mean". So I asked what kind (I was thinking veiled or maybe panther) to my shock he said jacksons! Which contradicts every thing I've heard about jacksons. when I asked in what way the was mean he said " she would shoot me in the face every time I'd open the cage, I could never see her then out of nowhere would come a tongue"

So my conclusion was, while I don't consider getting shoot with a chameleons tongue "mean" , this guy probably deserved getting shot in the face. I kinda would have liked to meet this girl, she seemed to have personality!

I am not sure i buy the story the petshop guy was selling. Chameleons don't use their tounues for defense. At least not that I have seen.

I am not sure i buy the story the petshop guy was selling. Chameleons don't use their tounues for defense. At least not that I have seen.

I personally don't think it was a aggressive or defensive action (or in his words "mean"), I think more than likely she mistook some part of his features that she thought was food. (I've seen a youtube video of a veiled shooting a woman's lip when she would poke it out, which I think he might have thought was a worm)

Hahaha Stanley, thanks for sharing the story. I can just picture this brat getting slapped in the face every time he opened his cage. Even though nothing of his story sounds true. If I was him I suppose I would be frustrated with chameleons as well. Lol The stupidity of these kind of people working at pet chains is a serious problem.

i'd never by a cham at a petsmart or petco. I only buy certain supplies when they are on sell there with my parents membership. like i got the coconut bark that goes on the bottom of the cage for 11.99 for the giant bags and 2.99 for the big jars of water jelly and food for crickets. I have had jacksons and i have never seen or ever heard of a jackson attacking. i think they just come up with some stuff to make them look like they might know a thing or two about reptiles. when i was at petsmart the other day they asked me what kind of chams i had and i was more then happy to tell them all about them and temperments too.

Maybe the guy smelled so bad flies were flying around him and the chameleon just missed.

Oh dont belive idiot petstore workers. My panther does thst to me sometimes. But we came to the conclusion he is after my teeth. I think because they may resible a white silkworm. (I have rather large teeth). So I would not refer that as being mean at all. You guys know my male ambanja is not mean at all. Plue how would their tonges be a threat.

My veiled has shot at my face twice. This is while I was holding him and he was acting aggressive. I always keep his mouth away from my face now.

Oh dont belive idiot petstore workers. My panther does thst to me sometimes. But we came to the conclusion he is after my teeth. I think because they may resible a white silkworm. (I have rather large teeth). So I would not refer that as being mean at all. You guys know my male ambanja is not mean at all. Plue how would their tonges be a threat.

That is hilarious.... Sorry though. I have a nice set a teeth like that lol. I will remember not to smile so much when I open the cage lol! :p

Back
Top Bottom