Chameleon gravid ?????

micahhh

Hi, i posted here a few days about if my chameleon is gravid. I was told she was not... but i wanted to double check because over the past week and a half she has gotten bigger and seems a bit Lethargic. she also hasn’t been wanting to eat, she’ll eat a few crickets here and there but she will only eat one or two at a time. i included two pictures they’re six days apart from when they were taken.

Attachments

• 64E3BCE0-41E1-4EB9-80F6-A57CCD1E6343.jpeg
    64E3BCE0-41E1-4EB9-80F6-A57CCD1E6343.jpeg
    733 KB · Views: 143
  • 6440FDA0-C8E2-44EB-A707-2587240A3A7E.jpeg
    6440FDA0-C8E2-44EB-A707-2587240A3A7E.jpeg
    267.9 KB · Views: 149
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Veiled Chameleon, girl, i don’t know her exact age because the person i bought her from didn’t know. I've had her in my care since the mid of december so i’ve had her four about 4 months
  • Handling - I don’t handle too much! Only when I absolutely have to for example to clean her cage... or when she climbs onto me.
  • Feeding - I have only been feeding her large crickets, dubia roaches and horn worms as an occasional treat. I tried worms but he doesn't pay much attention to them. i usually give her 7 crickets and 4 dubia roaches. I gut load them with carrots, potatoes, and mostly veggies.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
i dust her crickets twice a month with calcium that has D3. i also dust her crickets with just calcium everyday. (not at both feedings)
  • Watering - I mist her enclosure 4 times a day. 7 am, 11 am, 3-4 pm, and 6-7pm. I mist until the enclosure has enough water and I always go back and mist a little more.
  • Fecal Description - Never been tested for parasites but her poop looks very normal.
  • History - I did buy him off of petco which I know isn't recommended
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - my cage is all screen its 16" 30", in upgrading her to the 24’ 24’ 40 next week.
  • Lighting - I do not use a light at night but I do make sure my room is never below 70 degrees I will edit the type go light it is in a bit
  • Temperature - basking spot is at least 85 degrees and lowest is 70 degrees at the bottom
  • Humidity - Humidity thermometer is what I utilize I TRY TO KEEP IT AT THE MODERATE side
  • Plants - i had one live plant in there but i took it out a month ago so i can grow it some more.

• Placement - I have her on a stand for chameleon cages

I would also recommend a laying bin at all times from now on. I'm going to say that she isn't gravid at the moment. Her colors are more close to receptive coloring in my opinion. Gravid coloring is more dark as seen in this caresheet: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/

Keep in mind that coloration is not a 100% accurate way to determine if she is or is not gravid and baring eggs.

Another recommendation, add a multivitamin supplement to use twice per month to cover all her vitamin and mineral needs. She will be using up a lot of her nutrients to form the eggs.

How are you feeding her? Hand feed, tong feed, cup feed, or free range?

I would also recommend a laying bin at all times from now on. I'm going to say that she isn't gravid at the moment. Her colors are more close to receptive coloring in my opinion. Gravid coloring is more dark as seen in this caresheet: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/

Keep in mind that coloration is not a 100% accurate way to determine if she is or is not gravid and baring eggs.

Another recommendation, add a multivitamin supplement to use twice per month to cover all her vitamin and mineral needs. She will be using up a lot of her nutrients to form the eggs.

How are you feeding her? Hand feed, tong feed, cup feed, or free range?
i give her a multivitamin twice a month and i’m cup feeding her roaches and let the crickets and worms free range

worms free range????? I always hand fed or cup fed worms I feel like they'd all fall to the bottom and pupate!

Back
Top Bottom