Chameleon feeding

Lizardking303523

so does anyone know a more efficient method to get food ? I hate going to the store every single day. Also is it bad to feed a Cham every day ?

Get some tubs and coco fiber and breed your own. Or but from an online seller and clean the enclosures every other day

Why are you going to,the store every day...you should be setting up containers for the insects and feeding /futloading them before feeding them to your chameleon to make sure they're healthy. Then you'd only have to go to the store every few weeks.

Our sponsors that sell feeders. https://www.chameleonforums.com/sponsors/?tag=food

Then do as others have said set up containers. Easy and cheap.

chameleon-food(1).jpg
chameleon-gutload.jpg

Why are you going to,the store every day...you should be setting up containers for the insects and feeding /futloading them before feeding them to your chameleon to make sure they're healthy. Then you'd only have to go to the store every few weeks.
So everyone breeds their food ? How exactly ?

You can have variety packs of feeders delivered to your house and feed them off over 2-3 weeks. Many of the sponsors of this site offer shipping.

I’ve got discoid roaches...similar to dubia. I took the roaches too big to feed, put in massive plastic tote, egg crates, roach bedding/chow (from full throttle feeders) and a reptile heat mat (keeping at around 90*). Every couple of days I give them some bug burger and whatever organic produce I have at the moment. It’s take. A couple of months so far and not yet productive enough to use as feeders. It’s getting there though. Think I had too many males when I began, so have put in more adults from every order I’ve gotten. Finally seeing a ton of babies. Oh, almost forgot...I cut out several good sized holes in the tote lid and hot glued some screen for ventilation.
I’m trying to breed my own silkworms and have gotten to the moth and egg stage, but I can’t get my eggs to hatch.

No...everyone doesn't breed but everyone learns how to keep insects to some extent. You want to feed/gutload/care for the insects well because you want your chameleon to be well. Crickets, superworms, roaches and such are not hard to keep. Silkworms require a special chow or mulberry leaves off pesticide free trees outside. Etc...

Back
Top Bottom