Chameleon feeder

so i just wanted a tip for my panther chameleon who is finally eating after two days i wanna show you where i placed the feeder it too high or what its where he normally hangs out and its a pretty big cage for a baby it was first time eating and didnt seem to mind the spot?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 179
I would say lower is better so the chameleon can see the food running around below him. Also if I could suggest a horizontal stick or something below the basking light about 8-10 inches so the cham can bask comfortably.

I placed the cup like 15-20cm beneath his baskingspot so he will see the food when basking....

I hope you won't be feeding him any mealworms from that mealworm feeder... mealworms are terrible feeders for reptiles, get superworms instead.

This also makes no sense to me dont feed him meal worms they are not good then you say feed him super worms which is a giant meal worm basically that he couldnt even fit into his mouth

This also makes no sense to me dont feed him meal worms they are not good then you say feed him super worms which is a giant meal worm basically that he couldnt even fit into his mouth
Just because they look the same doesn't mean they are the same...
Meal-worms (Tenebrio molitor) have thicker shells and have barely any nutritious value.
Superworms (or morio worms, Zophobas morio) have shells that aren't as thick and have better nutritious value.

Meal-worms thick shell can cause impaction to your chameleon.
Both don't make a very good staple feeder, but as a treat the superworm is far superior to the meal-worm.
As staple it's better to use roaches like Dubia or Orange heads, crickets can be used too but if your animal takes roaches I'd definitely use that as staple because they are way cleaner and less smelly than crickets, much easier to breed on your own and have better nutrition as well.

Just because they look the same doesn't mean they are the same...
Meal-worms (Tenebrio molitor) have thicker shells and have barely any nutritious value.
Superworms (or morio worms, Zophobas morio) have shells that aren't as thick and have better nutritious value.

Meal-worms thick shell can cause impaction to your chameleon.
Both don't make a very good staple feeder, but as a treat the superworm is far superior to the meal-worm.
As staple it's better to use roaches like Dubia or Orange heads, crickets can be used too but if your animal takes roaches I'd definitely use that as staple because they are way cleaner and less smelly than crickets, much easier to breed on your own and have better nutrition as well.
I guess i gotta get over my fear of roaches do they have them at petsmart? And do you think the size of my chameleon is big enough for superworms?

They sell small superworms at petsmart that would be appropriate. They do not sell roaches, you'll need to find a reptile specialty store or order online if you want to go in that direction.

Back
Top Bottom