Chameleon eye problem

Jayden22

422053F3-7665-4D00-A660-87592841E8AF.jpeg

Can someone help explain to me why her eye is starting to look like this

Once a week I get crickets and throw this in them
This may be too much d3, routinely I use calcium No d every feeding and Repashy plus lo d 2x per month (1st and 15th). If you’re putting that on every feeding they are getting too much vit d. I’m not a vet or expert, just going off other recommendations and it works well for us.
Also crickets should be dusted right before feeding and not powder coated, just a light dusting. Just to make sure as well, are you gut loading your crickets?

This may be too much d3, routinely I use calcium No d every feeding and Repashy plus lo d 2x per month (1st and 15th). If you’re putting that on every feeding they are getting too much vit d. I’m not a vet or expert, just going off other recommendations and it works well for us.
Also crickets should be dusted right before feeding and not powder coated, just a light dusting. Just to make sure as well, are you gut loading your crickets?
What’s gut loading?

Ok, I’m not sure what the pet stores feed them but it’s a good idea to feed them after purchase because the chams get nutrition from their feeders and if their food is not healthy and full, the nutrients they get are minimal. I don’t think that directly is causing your baby’s eye issue, I was just wondering because I hear the experts ask often what we gutload with. The supplements could cause the eye issue though, but so could other things I’m not too fluent on.

Usually they say gutload within 12 hrs of feeding your Cham I believe, but I feed roaches and my colony eats daily. I didn’t like crickets because they smell. Lol

If it's only on one eye it could be related to an infection in the temporal gland or the sinuses below the eye. Look for signs of inflammation like redness or irritation at the corner of the mouth or on the roof of her mouth. Check when she is eating. If that is the case then you will your vet to prescribe antibiotics ASAP.

If it's only on one eye it could be related to an infection in the temporal gland or the sinuses below the eye. Look for signs of inflammation like redness or irritation at the corner of the mouth or on the roof of her mouth. Check when she is eating. If that is the case then you will your vet to prescribe antibiotics ASAP.
Ok I will do that today when I get her food this happened to my last lizard and I just want to know what’s the root cause to this I have had her for a long time and this is happening again to her this time and it’s sad to see :(

Back
Top Bottom