Chameleon ESCAPED AND LOST! Help PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pugs are the best.

I don't know that I would try both of them at once, unless you get another set of eyes in there. I think you want one human per hunter when you want to protect the prey. But I do think that bringing in either animal would probably help in finding your chameleon.

BTW and off topic, I applaud you for not putting your cat outside routinely. As noted, I live right on a canyon that has coyotes. We call a missing cat "coyote chow". Whenever anyone moves in we knock on their doors and make sure they know that in our neighborhood, cats need to be indoor pets. We've had neighbors walk their cats on leashes, which is great to see.

They are.

Thats a good idea. My girlfriend is coming over tomorrow to help me look. Ill have both my cat and dog in here. For tonight, no luck.

Oh thanks. Yeah she made it outside one time and was like "What the f--- IS this????"

Well im off to bed. First thing in the morning im going to keep searching.

If you have a window...place a plant in the window, open fully blinds or curtains, be sure there is a way for him to climb up to the plant, food in a highly visable place helps, and keep the door closed to contain him in one room.

Edit...I just watched your video....Try turning out all the lights except for your free range area. Turn down the A/C a few degrees...he'll show up for food and heat.

wow this sucks! really sorry to hear about it. ive lost my cornsnake twice, once she was under a wardrobe, and once i only managed to find her when i went to put a t-shirt on and she fell out of it XD from what ive read about chams here, im pretty hopeful for you finding him/him being ok. someone mentioned it already, but cba to go back and quote, but i think the idea of making your room cool and dark, and leaving ONE source of heat AND light is a fantastic idea. regular as clockwork, as soon as i turn pedro's lights on, he heads right on over to his basking spot. i really think this could be a good and simple way for you to find him. i wish you all the best, and really hope you find your lil guy soon.. worrying about beloved pets is no fun at all.

Yeah... I talked to Jim at CC and he says that when he really starts to get hungry and thirsty he will start wandering around in the open looking for food.

Do you know if he will be attracted to a female?

Im no expert with Panthers, but i am assuming that he may still be a little young for female interaction, and if anything it might stress him out and he may try to avoid a female. I would check your bed frame, and closet real good, he may be literally on a wire and turning as you look at him. I saw in your vid your computer was in the room, as many have said, they often are attracted to heat sources such as wires, playstations, computer towers, etc.. Your room was kind of a perfect place for him to find a little spot and hide...i bet alot of us on the forum including me would love this waldo hunt in person.

Im no expert with Panthers, but i am assuming that he may still be a little young for female interaction, and if anything it might stress him out and he may try to avoid a female. I would check your bed frame, and closet real good, he may be literally on a wire and turning as you look at him. I saw in your vid your computer was in the room, as many have said, they often are attracted to heat sources such as wires, playstations, computer towers, etc.. Your room was kind of a perfect place for him to find a little spot and hide...i bet alot of us on the forum including me would love this waldo hunt in person.

Yeah thats what I thought. I actually checked my bed frame, but they can move quickly so I am checking everything over again. That computer has been off for awhile, unfortunately. (5 years around)

I know!!! My room is PERFECT for him to hide, which is why i'm so stressed! :(

If anyone would like to come and help, that would be a nice gift, lol. :D

Still no luck. I have hope that when I walk in the room, the little guy will be on the floor or in the free range I have setup for him. I've also been looking into my room through the outside window to see if I see him moving. (Since he won't move if im in the room)

Dude that blows that you still havent found him.. look around the house too..

Also, may sound kind of harsh, but check where your cat hides things..you never know =/

my little man escaped one time. i was freaking out and searching in all the places people normally think a chameleon would hide and having no luck. i then began to check corners of the room and sure enough, i found him on the FLOOR in the corner of my closet. don't know what made him go there... i have crap everywhere. but none the less he was perfectly fine, definitely freaked out. but just check every nook of your room. he probably didn't go too far. best of luck

I left town for 2 days & hubby babysat the kids. Well Lenny has a room to free range in. When he was gone I almost had a heart attack. I kept thinking, I have a 6500 sq ft home, I will never find him. I was in tears. I decided to put out some silk worms one of his rope hiways. Before I got worm # 4 on the rope his little green butt came walking out to eat! I wanted to hug him & to beat him. Several of us had gone over every tree in his free range, running our hands over branches, everything we could think of. I still think he was laughing at all of us. Anyway it can take a while to find them so don't give up.

Thanks for the support guys, im still looking. I think im going to empty out my bookshelf.

The house I live in is actually around that size.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom