Chameleon Enclosure start

garrettcc

hey everyone! I’m in the process of getting a new chameleon. Had one quite a few years ago but wasn’t as prepared so trying to make sure everything is perfect before I get the little guy. A little information, I have a 18x18x36 I believe size cage, uvb bulb and basking bulb in same fixture. The basking bulb is a 60 but believe I’ll go up to an 80 watt for a little extra heat. Little dripper dripping and misting 3 Times a day depending how much it dries. Got an umbrella plant in the enclosure right now. Going to Repticon today to purchase a few more things to get prepared. If there is anything I can improve on please let me know!!

Attachments

• EB472BEB-7BCC-4C4B-9267-9A39C701B1B4.jpeg
    EB472BEB-7BCC-4C4B-9267-9A39C701B1B4.jpeg
    361.2 KB · Views: 87
I would suggest a dual linear fixture for UVB, but also a 6500k bulb to help the plant. It likely will struggle without some additional lighting. Also, if you are misting by hand, invest in a pressurized sprayer. What type of chameleon are you getting? Your basking temps may already be enough.

Only other things I could think of are supplements.

Have fun at Repticon :D!

I would suggest a dual linear fixture for UVB, but also a 6500k bulb to help the plant. It likely will struggle without some additional lighting. Also, if you are misting by hand, invest in a pressurized sprayer. What type of chameleon are you getting? Your basking temps may already be enough.

Only other things I could think of are supplements.

Have fun at Repticon :D!
We got the linear uvb, and some supplements today! I’m leaning towards a panther I believe!

Back
Top Bottom