Chameleon egg dented it was due on oct.16th

Could be in some cases but not this one if you take a closer look you can see very little to no white on the egg. If it was the lighting then you probably wouldn’t see any difference in the egg as the are so small.
I think it's just the lighting. if you go to the beginning of this thread the very first photo the egg looks white.

It's honestly hard to tell when you're just looking at one lone egg by itself.
But if it was sweating over the last month you should be looking for it to shrink in size before it starts to hatch. - this might make it look a little lumpy which could be the dent you were asking about.

Here's a close up picture of some panther eggs we have hatching right now, might be helpful too see how the sizes / coloration can vary?
novHatching.jpg

It looked completely white when we got it and then started windowing and sweating. Here's a pic of it in the natural light.

Attachments

• IMG_2183.jpg
    IMG_2183.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 67
It looked completely white when we got it and then started windowing and sweating. Here's a pic of it in the natural light.
Ok well that pic looks better then than the last. Why not take all the guess work out of it and just candle it? This will even let you know if it’s even fertile or not.

The breeder said candling it could harm the egg so we've been scared to
You should of asked how so? I have never heard of that being a issue have done it myself. And many other different reptile breeders will do the same. You will be doing it once and that’s it not like your playing around with it.

UPDATE: We attempted to candle it but couldn't see anything in it. It was just dark. We cut it open and all that was in it was white goo and had the smell of (idk if this'll make sense but) squished lightning bugs. So we ended up just buying one. This one was for my mother-in-law. I have another egg from a different cham that's due on Dec 15th so hoping this one hatches. The egg looks huge in comparison to the one she had.

Back
Top Bottom