Chameleon eating paper towels?

Maddieremington

First all I had was the repti bark at the bottom, when he started eating that I put paper towels on the bottom over all the bark. Now he is trying to eat the paper towels! What should I do next?
P.s. he is about 5 months, I give him 5-6 crickets a day and some meal worms once in a while. (Veiled)

First all I had was the repti bark at the bottom, when he started eating that I put paper towels on the bottom over all the bark. Now he is trying to eat the paper towels! What should I do next?
P.s. he is about 5 months, I give him 5-6 crickets a day and some meal worms once in a while. (Veiled)

Remove all of it paper towels and reptibark

I would also bumb the number of feedings you are giving him since he is still growing. Also, make sure you are dusting his feeders everyday with calcium without d3

Yes, as suggested put nothing on the bottom. If you have a dripper and need to catch the water below, use something shallow that your chameleon cannot drown in or you can use something deeper and cover it securely with screen.

Never owned a veiled but I hear that it can mean that they want veggies. May want to look that up :D

Definitely bump up the feedings. At that age I feed them all they can eat which is generally 20+ bugs

No substrate and I put a margarine container with lid on securely with holes poked in it to get the drips that make it through the live plants. Does he have a pathos to chew on?

If he were in my care.The first thing I would do is remove the paper towels.2nd I would double his feeders. 3rd,I would offer him fruits& veggies, Veiled are known for eating vegetation as part of there water intake in the wild.Every Veiled I've owned loved melon sliced semi thin and hung on a stick.Good luck

Back
Top Bottom