Chameleon clinbing on top of enclosure

Hi guys, me again i stuck gold today ?
@MissSkittels I found a great reptile store today that had those adjustable light stands yey! I literally bought the last two so I was very very lucky..and I'm so happy. The Basking spot in both enclosure is now running at 30.4 C which is 86.7 F
I tried not to use the heat lamps today as @kinyonga and @Beman suggested however the temperature dropped very very low and both babies went looking for the heat they both went very dark almost black and were on the basking spot looking for warmth. Our weather here was still very cool and overcast so shame. I also got two 50 w bulbs but once I set up the stands I didnt need to change the globe

We also got two extra plants for each enclosure, pothos (not the golden pothos as its not "in season" here apparently) and a croton i will wash them down and repot them in the morning. Any suggestions on how to repot them as I see the pothos are like a vine not like the ficus or Jasmin which is basically one stem so it was easy to cover the soil with a mesh like plastic and stones but the pothos is seperat "stems/vines" for lack of a better word.

I found this Selaginella green plant (image attached) as was curious if it could be used in the enclosure. Did not buy it but was wondering as it would be quite nice as a ground cover or even placed on the drift wood I have but again how to pot it? Or let it loos in the enclosure?!?

Also I read on one of the forums here that the ficus could cause eye irritation and I have seen both my babies scratching (using branch or vine to rub eye) or also moving their eye s in a strange way. Must i remove the ficus?

The only thing i think is still missing which I need to sort out tomorrow is the refletor for the uvb and their dripper. And then I think im there and done

If ive left something out please let me know
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20201003_190911.jpg
    20201003_190911.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 20201003_190916.jpg
    20201003_190916.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 20201003_190956.jpg
    20201003_190956.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 20201003_100606.jpg
    20201003_100606.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 54
With the basking lights raised like that is the temperature where the case can sit closest to it in the low 80'sF?

Hi guys, me again i stuck gold today ?
@MissSkittels I found a great reptile store today that had those adjustable light stands yey! I literally bought the last two so I was very very lucky..and I'm so happy. The Basking spot in both enclosure is now running at 30.4 C which is 86.7 F
I tried not to use the heat lamps today as @kinyonga and @Beman suggested however the temperature dropped very very low and both babies went looking for the heat they both went very dark almost black and were on the basking spot looking for warmth. Our weather here was still very cool and overcast so shame. I also got two 50 w bulbs but once I set up the stands I didnt need to change the globe

We also got two extra plants for each enclosure, pothos (not the golden pothos as its not "in season" here apparently) and a croton i will wash them down and repot them in the morning. Any suggestions on how to repot them as I see the pothos are like a vine not like the ficus or Jasmin which is basically one stem so it was easy to cover the soil with a mesh like plastic and stones but the pothos is seperat "stems/vines" for lack of a better word.

I found this Selaginella green plant (image attached) as was curious if it could be used in the enclosure. Did not buy it but was wondering as it would be quite nice as a ground cover or even placed on the drift wood I have but again how to pot it? Or let it loos in the enclosure?!?

Also I read on one of the forums here that the ficus could cause eye irritation and I have seen both my babies scratching (using branch or vine to rub eye) or also moving their eye s in a strange way. Must i remove the ficus?

The only thing i think is still missing which I need to sort out tomorrow is the refletor for the uvb and their dripper. And then I think im there and done

If ive left something out please let me know
Thanks in advance
Very cool... I would raise them just a bit more... 86.7 is still too warm. For your female you want no hotter then 80 at the branch and the male 82.

Personally I stick to Veiled tested plants like the pothos. Just because they do eat them. Some plants cause issues where some do not.

I'm not sure I understand the question? Are you referring to lowering the light when you say "where the case can sit closest to it"

Back
Top Bottom