Chameleon Citronella?

Tera_R

Established Member
So I have been having a gnat problem with my plants I took all of them out debugged and replanted them but I really don’t want them to come back so I was considering buying a citronella plant since they are bug repellant but I’m not sure if they are safe for chameleons. Does anyone know anything?

If you have a Veiled you can only use veiled tested plants with it because they eat them. Citronella Plants are toxic to animals so this would be a hard pass for adding it with a chameleon.

You can buy something called a katchy on amazon to put in the room with the cage. This will help reduce numbers. Gnats seem to cycle and they can be very difficult to get rid of completely.

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 11.41.38 AM.png

If you have a Veiled you can only use veiled tested plants with it because they eat them. Citronella Plants are toxic to animals so this would be a hard pass for adding it with a chameleon.

You can buy something called a katchy on amazon to put in the room with the cage. This will help reduce numbers. Gnats seem to cycle and they can be very difficult to get rid of completely.

View attachment 326345
Gotcha thank you so much!

I wonder if the citronella scented geraniums would be ok? Citronella geraniums are edible for people.
I found this on geraniums... Not sure I would personally risk it either being as how it is a contact and ingestion reaction seen in dogs. "The most common type of geranium found in gardens and flower pots is mildly toxic for dogs. Adverse reactions include dermatitis from skin exposure or vomiting after ingestion."

I found this on geraniums... Not sure I would personally risk it either being as how it is a contact and ingestion reaction seen in dogs. "The most common type of geranium found in gardens and flower pots is mildly toxic for dogs. Adverse reactions include dermatitis from skin exposure or vomiting after ingestion."
I agree with you...I wouldn't risk it either. It's not worth it to me.

Back
Top Bottom