Chameleon Chemistry

Alastair&Anna

Established Member
Hi! For my chemistry class I am doing a presentation on how chameleons colors change (due jan 7). If any of you have helpful websites or just general knowledge on this topic I would love to hear it!
Thanks,
-Anna

Well, chameleons are actually alien life forms that came to colonize the earth millenia ago. Unfortunately for them, the primates evolved into hoomans. Ever since then they have been working on a cloaking device so they can live their lives in peace from the evolved apes. Unfortunately, all their technology has been able to achieve so far is color changing. This has backfired on them as the hoomans have now taken notice of them and seek to possess them. They are currently using this to their advantage to make slaves of the hoomans and dominate the earth.

A miniature version of Rise of the Planet of the Apes!

A little off-topic here, but I constantly think about what chameleons would have evolved into if the planet didn't cool down--giving rise to endothermic creatures such as humans and other mammals. Are chameleons just prototypical lizard people? They can grasp things with their hands just like some of the earliest primate ancestors.

Looking back at history, it's not such a far-fetched idea. Before our ancestors arrived in Africa, primates started evolving in Asia; some of these creatures were the size of your thumb! So it's possible for something super tiny to give rise to something much larger like a human (or in this case, a chameleon-human). Of course, this particular primate may not be our direct ancestor as evolution doesn't work in a particularly linear fashion. There are sister branches that sprout out of the evolutionary tree, evolve some more, and then either go extinct or evolve into something else.

Here's an article about one of these thumb-sized primates: https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/WPcap/2000-03/16/080r-031600-idx.html

Just some food for thought.

one of the chameleon ways of communicating is through vibration....one day one of my males was emitting a low ggggrrr from his upper gular...he had a female in his line of sight.....a breeder I was gonna mate him with....I did and it was successful......he was swaying back and forth on a branch emitting a low strong vibration

Are chameleons just prototypical lizard people?
I’ve always thought veiled’s look like Sleestaks.
9CD0D446-A579-4324-967B-78F4D586CB2D.jpeg

I do not believe in evolution at all. I believe God created all things the way he intended them to be. He did beautiful work! There’s evidence of it all around us! Just watch a sunset or experience the birth of a child!

I do not believe in evolution at all. I believe God created all things the way he intended them to be. He did beautiful work! There’s evidence of it all around us! Just watch a sunset or experience the birth of a child!
Same here everything is just so perfect it couldn’t happen by accident

That's a perfectly fine belief to have. Also, pardon me if I am about to sound (unintentionally) stupid here. But is God and evolution mutually exclusive? There is plenty of evidence to suggest that evolution occurs. Instead of looking past the evidence that supports the occurrence of evolution: can it not be that God created animals (in all their majesty and wonder) to adapt to environmental conditions? I think animals that are able to adapt and evolve are the ultimate creations. And I think this could be attributed to God.

Everyone has a right to their own beliefs. And while I don't believe in a higher power of any kind, I'm not trying to dispel or attack your belief in God. But I do believe that a person can believe in God and believe in evolution. These are statements that don't negate each other. You can believe in both. And by doing so, I think the world becomes an even greater place to admire! But regardless, the sunsets are beautiful! And I have yet to experience the birth of a child firsthand (hopefully several years from now). The world is a wonderful place--that I can agree with you on!

Let me know your thoughts on the matter, I'd genuinely love to hear them out. (You too @Mountain Dragon)
--Also, if you feel uncomfortable or don't want to respond for any reason--that's completely fine. I don't want to probe anyone.

That's a perfectly fine belief to have. Also, pardon me if I am about to sound (unintentionally) stupid here. But is God and evolution mutually exclusive? There is plenty of evidence to suggest that evolution occurs. Instead of looking past the evidence that supports the occurrence of evolution: can it not be that God created animals (in all their majesty and wonder) to adapt to environmental conditions? I think animals that are able to adapt and evolve are the ultimate creations. And I think this could be attributed to God.

Everyone has a right to their own beliefs. And while I don't believe in a higher power of any kind, I'm not trying to dispel or attack your belief in God. But I do believe that a person can believe in God and believe in evolution. These are statements that don't negate each other. You can believe in both. And by doing so, I think the world becomes an even greater place to admire! But regardless, the sunsets are beautiful! And I have yet to experience the birth of a child firsthand (hopefully several years from now). The world is a wonderful place--that I can agree with you on!

Let me know your thoughts on the matter, I'd genuinely love to hear them out. (You too @Mountain Dragon)
--Also, if you feel uncomfortable or don't want to respond for any reason--that's completely fine. I don't want to probe anyone.
I do believe in a higher power and believe the same as you.

Well, I believe in a higher power, however not in the way of one (specific) person and for rest I'm completely with you. And I absolutely respect those who believe, doesn't matter whatever religion, just love how dedicated they are 👏👌. Still on other hand, I secretly sometimes need to laugh about how one directly and blind they also can be, evidence can be right in front of their eyes and they could still ignore or reject it.

Most important, believer or non-believer, as long as we stay respectful and tolerate to each other, we'll have a happy life on this planet 🙌

Hi! For my chemistry class I am doing a presentation on how chameleons colors change (due jan 7). If any of you have helpful websites or just general knowledge on this topic I would love to hear it!
Thanks,
-Anna
Well the common belief is that chameleons change colors to camouflage with their surroundings. this is not true. The color change occurrs as a result of thier emotions. They have very few defenses such as claws, fangs, strength, but they are capable of staying perfectly still for long periods of time and change thier shape. When mine hunts he gets long and thin and stays low or close to the branch. His colors dull and get brown. He is focused and determined. When he is happy he is normal medium size with bright colors and when he is scared and tries to intimidate, he puffs up and gets big and his colors darken. When he is down right mad, his normally aqua poka dots turn black and he moves fast. When he sleeps he turns a beaitiful pale sea foam color. This is my ecperience with my male vieled chameleon who is about 1 1\2 years old.

I love this answer! So I thought I was kinda dumb for thinking the same thing but I do believe that some adapting has happing since God made us and the animals. I mean are Minds definitely adapted just look at the technology we have created and the things we study the fact that I can wake up pull a rectangle out of my pocket and talk to someone half way across the world in seconds it’s amazing. I do believe that he didn’t create us right from the start worth a perfect mindset I think he wants us to grow to love him because that love is so much better than forceful love that’s why he made us with a choice he doesn’t at all force us to love him. And that’s why we are so mere compared to him bc if we had that power I guarantee that we would have a forceful way of love. I go to a Christian academy and we in history not only learn about history but other people’s religions not so we have to follow them but so we can respect all. Respecting someone’s religion doesn’t mean not sharing the word of God tho that’s what we are taught and I love it. Btw all opinions are respected.

Last edited:
Well, I believe in a higher power, however not in the way of one (specific) person and for rest I'm completely with you. And I absolutely respect those who believe, doesn't matter whatever religion, just love how dedicated they are 👏👌. Still on other hand, I secretly sometimes need to laugh about how one directly and blind they also can be, evidence can be right in front of their eyes and they could still ignore or reject it.

Most important, believer or non-believer, as long as we stay respectful and tolerate to each other, we'll have a happy life on this planet 🙌
So true so many people of all religions drive people away from following a religion because of how they act. A lot of people are if you don’t follow my way you are below me and sadly there’s a lot of that happening in the world rn. And I just think we should all treat each other the same. If some one does something that we don’t agree with we don’t need to put them under us we can still treat them the same.

Before this goes too far...

Discussion of real world politics, nationalism, religion, war or other similarly controversial topics is NOT acceptable or appropriate for this forum.

A little off-topic here, but I constantly think about what chameleons would have evolved into if the planet didn't cool down
Don't you watch Doctor WHO

1634129644711.png

1634129676761.png

They are among us. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom