chameleon carrier?

spinachlove

i took my fischer chameleon to the vet for the first time last week, but i didn't want to bring his entire cage since it's kinda big, and i didn't want to put him in a little plastic carrier either cos he'll get stressed out if he can't climb.

so i put him on his fav plant instead and sat him next to me on the passenger side. of course he didn't like the crazy motions of the car (even though i was driving as slowly as possible for him!) and he started to get really angry and stressed :(

how does everyone take their cham to the vet..or i guess more generally, what do you put your cham in when transporting them?

ah okay thanks! new to the forum, so i'm just navigating through and checking it all out..i love it..it's great!

i've got some pics of my cham whose name is spinach :D

i haven't taken recent pics of his final set up yet. i just got him a week ago so it's still sort of a work in progress! for now it's just pics of him :)

Attachments

• Spinach 002.jpg
    Spinach 002.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 149
  • Spinach 011.jpg
    Spinach 011.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 138
i've got some pics of my cham whose name is spinach :D

i haven't taken recent pics of his final set up yet. i just got him a week ago so it's still sort of a work in progress! for now it's just pics of him :)

Aww, he looks cute.

Is that his enclosure in the back? You need some help with lighting research?

I made a carrier with an all plastic Penn Tennis ball case (black lid and an opaque container). The lid I cut and replaced with wire mesh for ventilation and placed a green towel on the bottom for something for the chameleon to grip on to and have some security. Normally my chameleons grips on to the towel and go to sleep or just hang on for the ride, if I've got to move them.

Aww, he looks cute.

Is that his enclosure in the back? You need some help with lighting research?

yea, that was the first cage i got for him which was only 16x16x20 and i hadn't put any plants or anything in yet cos i had just brought him home :) (now i have a 16x16x30 so he has room to climb!)

i am trying to find a lamp stand though..possibly one with three heads so it can have light in different areas of his cage and he can be heated up during the day.

do you know of good lightbulbs to use? like a specific brand you like or suggest? right now i just have a 5.0 uvb for him and i put him out in the sun when i get back from work for about 2 or 3 hours. thanks for being so helpful!

and thanks motherload chameleon for the advice on the tennis ball carrier! i think i'll give it a shot!

do you know of good lightbulbs to use? like a specific brand you like or suggest?

I use soft-white incandescent bulbs. They come in a variety of wattages, are very cheap and do not burn out quickly like other pet brand bulbs. You can find them at the Home Depot or Lowes.

Back
Top Bottom