Chameleon Care Resources

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
I’m pleased to announce the arrival of a new resource at Chameleon Forums called the Chameleon Care Resources (CCR). The ultimate goal of the CCR is to provide a positive foundation for people new to chameleon husbandry, and we also believe some sections may be useful for more experienced keepers as well. This announcement marks the beginning of the resource. We plan to continue making improvements to the existing content and additional sections are already under development.

Dayna (ferretinmyshoes) is the development leader of this project and deserves a lot of gratitude for organizing the various components and practically writing the first draft herself. Without her initial push this project may never have materialized. Trace also deserves a great deal of thanks for sacrificing a lot of time to help this project come together.

We will be collecting feedback and suggestions in order to make the best improvements possible.

Chameleon Care Resources

Last edited:
I only had the time to glance over it at the moment, but it looks great! Trace and Dayna, and everyone who contributed, THANK YOU! Excellent job.

One thing I did not see in my quick look over was cleaning/maintenance?

This is awesome!!!

Just looking through the resource page. Looks great! Well done. I like the fact that it is user friendly and is a great, all inclusive type of resource. This should help out countless newcomers as well as be a great husbandry double-check for us all. Thanks for all the hard work! :cool:

Outstanding.

Alot of people have worked long and hard on this, big props and congratulations on it getting this far! :D

I already have an issue with it though:eek:

These menu titles dont match up exactly, and I think it would be best if they did. :)

menufucked_zps0b761f25.jpg

Other than that, it looks great, and has a ton of great info. Should be a huge help, great job guys. ;)

Wow, this is fantastic. Imagine the amount of suffering and death that, over time, this will eliminate. Kudos for all involved, and special thanks to Dayna and Trace for driving the project and content.....

This forum is incredible and just got even better!

Woohoo!! This project has been a long time in the making and I'm so happy that people can start using it now! There are still several more sections in the works behind the scenes so this will be an evolving resource. Huge thanks to Brad and Trace for helping me put everything together and to the other moderators and select individuals who have helped in its development. The resource is credited to the forums as a whole and the hundreds of people who have shared their experiences, both success and less-than-success, for the benefit of the global community of chameleon keepers. With this type of collective input on such a comprehensive resource I hope that many chameleons will benefit greatly and prosper in captivity!

As you browse or use this resource please do feel free to offer feedback (good or bad), either here in the thread or in a private message to me. Especially if you are a newer member going through it and don't feel comfortable posting here! I'd love to get some newer chameleon keeper feedback on how easy it is to follow or if there are areas that need better explanations, etc. I will never hold it against someone who gives honest feedback! :)

Last edited:
this is great guys!! thank you everyone who worked on this (especially Ferret ;) )!!! my only question is how do we get to this if we are trying to find it without using the link in this thread? i couldnt locate it except when i used the link

This is the most Chamsome news of the whole day it is so very very good and clever!!!! THank you for all this work on the computers !!! :D :D :D

Nice job i have been waiting for this thing for a while so i can become a chameleon MASTER hahahaha:rolleyes: but seriously great job

Excellent job to everyone involved with this project. I know how time-consuming a project as thorough as this must have been and let me just say that I appreciate having a place to direct newbies - and to do a quick check from time to time myself! Give yourselves huge pats on the back, you deserve it! :D

Yaaaaaaaaa!!!!! its finally out I remember you hinted about this in another thread Dayna. Thanks a lot, so far looks like some solid info! :D:D

In the gut load section it lists kale under the good ingredients and also under the ingredients to avoid. I find this confusing.

Also a note on water. I have been researching water quit a bit lately and more research is leaning towards the negative when it comes to using distilled and even RO water. Distilled is more commonly discussed and is even stated to not necessarily be beneficial to reptiles in one of the articles you linked. I only mention this because you recommend use of distilled water in that section.

Overall this resource is going to be very helpful to chameleon keepers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom