Chameleon buying help

Vert340

Established Member
Hello, I'm new on here and hopefully a soon to be chameleon owner. For a week now I've beem getting the things I need for the enclosure. I pretty much have everything except the 2 plants I'm going to be adding in. Those will be here on friday.

Since I pretty much have everything already I wanted to start looking for the actual chameleon itself. I'm looking for a male juvenile Jackson's Chameleon. I've looked at a few places online, but either they were out of stock on Jacksons or had mixed reviews. So what sites online would you guys recommend getting one from?

I've been lurking in here for a while and I see that some people say that there are breeders om this site? If any of those peeps is selling jacksons hit me up. My only restriction is that my budget is 110 bucks. I gotta pay tuition soon so I can't afford to spend more than that haha.

I'm going to bump this thread. I've seen posts for a facebook group of jackson owners. They aren't allowed to sell on facebook, but you might be able to find breeders on their that posted having newly born babies.

Anyways, thread bump for someone who knows more than me.

I've been thinking about how to answer this thread gently. I'm afraid that at your price range you will probably be buying a disaster. You will probably only find wild caught Hawaiian imports and they come with many problems inbreeding and heavy parasite loads. The place to go to find quality Jackson's is the FB group mentioned in the post by Tony_S. You should go there just to look at the difference. https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=jackson%27s%20chameleon%20community&epa=SEARCH_BOX Do not publicly ask to buy a chameleon there as animals sales are forbidden on FB. You can hint around about wanting to make a new scale friend.
The listing for sale above is for a recent import and a wild caught cham is not the best start if you are a beginner.
The females are likely all pregnant.

I've been thinking about how to answer this thread gently. I'm afraid that at your price range you will probably be buying a disaster. You will probably only find wild caught Hawaiian imports and they come with many problems inbreeding and heavy parasite loads. The place to go to find quality Jackson's is the FB group mentioned in the post by Tony_S. You should go there just to look at the difference. https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=jackson%27s%20chameleon%20community&epa=SEARCH_BOX Do not publicly ask to buy a chameleon there as animals sales are forbidden on FB. You can hint around about wanting to make a new scale friend.
The listing for sale above is for a recent import and a wild caught cham is not the best start if you are a beginner.
The females are likely all pregnant.
If you don't mind me asking , what would you say the price range would a good healthy jacksons cost then? Just so that I don't fall into the trap of buying a unhealthy parasitic jackson. I don't really mind waiting like 1 more week for my next paycheck so that I could bump my budget up. Also the link you sent says it's broken on my end

A captive bred Jackson's xantholopus (yellow crested) from the group I will re-link https://www.facebook.com/groups/jacksonschameleon/ is going for ~$175 last I checked, shipping varies and if you are close to the breeder you could pick up directly. These animals parents were imported directly from Kenya and these first and second generation juveniles are being sold from a group that works to maintain a high standard of care.
You can buy a cheaper animal but you will likely spend even more on vet care. There is no guarantee but your odds are so much better this way.

Back
Top Bottom