Chameleon bright orange

komyers

Hi! Looking for some insight. My panther chameleon this morning is bright orange and he’s usually always blue and green. My boyfriend thinks he’s just upset that we woke him up cause he wanted to keep sleeping or something so he’s grumpy. What does this color usually mean? Is he just maturing and showing more reds?

Attachments

• BDF7811F-0585-4FDD-9B6E-F60473C9B7B8.jpeg
    BDF7811F-0585-4FDD-9B6E-F60473C9B7B8.jpeg
    228.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 297780E8-BFCB-4C83-B27C-E46E73097932.jpeg
    297780E8-BFCB-4C83-B27C-E46E73097932.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 107
😍 SO pretty! He could very well be grumps, you woke him up!? Any recent changes to his cage? What time does he normally get up and what time did you wake him up at? I noticed bright colors in my male panther around a year old, maybe just looking for a pretty lady? It can be difficult to determine

😍 SO pretty! He could very well be grumps, you woke him up!? Any recent changes to his cage? What time does he normally get up and what time did you wake him up at? I noticed bright colors in my male panther around a year old, maybe just looking for a pretty lady? It can be difficult to determine
It was time to wake up! Hahah. No changes to that. He’s fine now all blue and climbing around. Maybe he was pissed he had an eye boogie but he wiped it off okay so he’s good now. My first chameleon died the very night we brought him home so I’m always terrified that somethings wrong and he isn’t doing well. And yes I think he’s almost a year old so maybe that’s it too.

If you want to, you can fill out the ask for help for help form (in as much detail as possible, including more pics of him, his lights, and his full cage) on here if you want us to double check your husbandry! Also, do you use the double dome with a blue light and compact UVB bulb for his heat and UVB bulbs?

No the dome has the basking bulb
What type, strength, and brand of UVB bulb and fixture are you using, and how old is the bulb? Also, what is the distance from the UVB bulb to the top of your cham’s back when he’s on his basking branch?

Back
Top Bottom