Chameleon Breeds

jerleyb15

Is there any reason as to why Panther chameleons are priced almost 2 maybe 3 times the amount of a veiled chameleon, is there any rational reason for this lol. Anyway does anybody know where I can find some male panthers for sale at a reasonable price? , I really don't focus on colouration or patterns if that's why they are so highly priced.

I actually think there are far more Panthers now then Veileds that people can buy. But Veileds seem to be the goldfish of the cham world. Most overlook them because they do not show the colors that a Panther does.

So your prices for Panthers are going to vary. Is it a breeder that is really well known for healthy chams and great colors? Then the reputation costs more. Your buying the rep and the colors. Because buying a sick cham is horrible and expensive.

Then there are those breeders that think they are hot stuff selling them at stupid high prices. Because they think they are amazing. They make other people believe it and can get away with asking for high prices.

Then you have the breeders that do not have the base that others have. They drop prices lower what you may consider reasonable. Because they do not have the ability to sell them for more. They are still building their rep so they do not charge as much.

Then you have the "breeders" that sell them cheaper but should not be breeders. Either they have a total lack of caring for the animals they have chosen to breed or simply thought it would be an easy buck. These are the ones that really should not be breeding. They produce unhealthy animals most of the time due to their flaws. They often have no idea what locale they are even breeding.

So there it is... But I want to add. Depending on what you feel is reasonable this may not be the hobby for you. It is extremely expensive with all the components you have to buy and provide for the cham to stay healthy. And then if you do have an issue with health vets are harder to find and more expensive.

Cham may cost 30$ but in the end if you want to properly care for it you might spend 500+ (I’d say 1000+).

Don’t let that scare you though. If you are looking for a great experience chameleons are amazing. Just do proper research.

In the end it’ll be an expensive hobby.

I think veileds are cooler anyways, they’re my little guard animals with their attitudes. I do love the Yellow Body panthers though.

I actually think there are far more Panthers now then Veileds that people can buy. But Veileds seem to be the goldfish of the cham world. Most overlook them because they do not show the colors that a Panther does.

So your prices for Panthers are going to vary. Is it a breeder that is really well known for healthy chams and great colors? Then the reputation costs more. Your buying the rep and the colors. Because buying a sick cham is horrible and expensive.

Then there are those breeders that think they are hot stuff selling them at stupid high prices. Because they think they are amazing. They make other people believe it and can get away with asking for high prices.

Then you have the breeders that do not have the base that others have. They drop prices lower what you may consider reasonable. Because they do not have the ability to sell them for more. They are still building their rep so they do not charge as much.

Then you have the "breeders" that sell them cheaper but should not be breeders. Either they have a total lack of caring for the animals they have chosen to breed or simply thought it would be an easy buck. These are the ones that really should not be breeding. They produce unhealthy animals most of the time due to their flaws. They often have no idea what locale they are even breeding.

So there it is... But I want to add. Depending on what you feel is reasonable this may not be the hobby for you. It is extremely expensive with all the components you have to buy and provide for the cham to stay healthy. And then if you do have an issue with health vets are harder to find and more expensive.
No trust me i have everthing a chameleon could possibly need im just missing the cham now lol, and up keep isnt as expensive ast most people make it seem.

No trust me i have everthing a chameleon could possibly need im just missing the cham now lol, and up keep isnt as expensive ast most people make it seem.
Up keep for a healthy animal isn’t that bad, but set up is expensive.
Although you may be able to find a budget friendly chameleon, often times you get what you pay for. Some have opted for economical choices and then end up with sick or dead chameleons and very often, ones that are not the gender specified…and of course the seller takes no responsibility other than for the animal to arrive alive.
Paying more for a breeder with a solid reputation ensures that they will provide support and take a higher level of responsibility should there be problems.
You can look for someone who is needing to rehome their chameleon, but there are no guarantees that you’ll be getting a completely healthy animal.

Back
Top Bottom