Chameleon bite.....

kingspade18

Established Member
I am curious to know what a bite from a cham feels like. Reason being i would rather take a bite than pull away and chance injuring any of my chams if they decide to lunge at me. So anyone who knows id like to know what to expect, lol

You can expect anything from a very lite "nibble" to them taking flesh off, and blood going everywhere.

They have sharp teeth, that are very effective at cutting through flesh, if they choose to use them.

I am always prepared for to endure some serious pain, but so far, mine have not felt the need to attack me.

Jerking your hand away when they latch on could seriously hurt them, so just be prepared to tough it out...

Remember, chicks dig scars...

to put it into perspective an adult svannah monitor bit my thumb when i was hand feeding him a cricket....i know bad idea. cracked my thumb nail all the way down to the root vertically. that hurt a lot less than being bitten by one particular male veiled. felt something like jamming my finger into an electrical socket and slamming a car door on it.

but the good news most of them will feel like goose bites. if you havent been bitten by a goose then well i dont know what to tell you, other than youve never lived. XD

to put it into perspective an adult svannah monitor bit my thumb when i was hand feeding him a cricket....i know bad idea. cracked my thumb nail all the way down to the root vertically. that hurt a lot less than being bitten by one particular male veiled. felt something like jamming my finger into an electrical socket and slamming a car door on it.

but the good news most of them will feel like goose bites. if you havent been bitten by a goose then well i dont know what to tell you, other than youve never lived. XD

Ha! You are starting to grow on me.

I have to force feed meds twice a day, I grab my chameleon quite firmly, around the kneck, and body. I then press a syringe onto the front of her mouth, and force down, opening her jaw, then slide the tip in, and administer the meds.

I WISH she would try and bite me, as it would be much easier a process...

Chameleons definitely have sharp teeth!! I found out when feeding my little girl Kami a butterworm and where her tooth pierced the worm on her first bite a thin stream of worm juice shot me right in the glasses and sprayed all over my face..... Just thought I'd share!!!
My GF thought I smelt wonderful afterwards!!!!! *sarcasm*

Back
Top Bottom