Chameleon Being Rehomed on Craigslist

Jesspete

Avid Member
Every once in awhile I peruse Craigslist, to see if there are some awesome deals on enclosures or such.

I came across this guy, and the cage looks cool, but I only see one light up there, and this guy has a very swollen casque. I sent them an email, to see what the husbandry is like. I don't really need another cham, especially one that comes with a ton of health issues.

Now I'm just wondering, what red flags do you guys see? Besides the light, I see that there isn't much foilage for the handmisting to cling to, so I don't think awesome hydration is the cause for the swelling.

I'm not headed out to get him, just curious. Maybe the owner will answer me later. Ad is 29 days old.

Attachments

• 00O0O_eLplc8qILGo_1200x900.jpg
    00O0O_eLplc8qILGo_1200x900.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 00Y0Y_9zCEcWmRbbL_1200x900.jpg
    00Y0Y_9zCEcWmRbbL_1200x900.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 110
Every once in awhile I peruse Craigslist, to see if there are some awesome deals on enclosures or such.

I came across this guy, and the cage looks cool, but I only see one light up there, and this guy has a very swollen casque. I sent them an email, to see what the husbandry is like. I don't really need another cham, especially one that comes with a ton of health issues.

Now I'm just wondering, what red flags do you guys see? Besides the light, I see that there isn't much foilage for the handmisting to cling to, so I don't think awesome hydration is the cause for the swelling.

I'm not headed out to get him, just curious. Maybe the owner will answer me later. Ad is 29 days old.
It could be a mercury vapor bulb? I don’t know. It’s a shame people can’t commit to their pets and give them proper care then sell them to anybody!

I've heard several things that can cause a swollen casque. No way to know what's going on with this one from here. I've heard obesity, organ failure, upper respiratory infection into the sinuses and edema from supplement issues.

I've heard several things that can cause a swollen casque. No way to know what's going on with this one from here. I've heard obesity, organ failure, upper respiratory infection into the sinuses and edema from supplement issues.

Ugh, I hate that. I started by asking what uvb source they had, and hoped that would open a dialogue. But, I haven't heard back. It may have already found a home. I hope it's being well taken care of. It might just break my heart to find out it's something that can be helped. I have too many babies in my house, to bring a sick one in. It is probably better that I don't know, so I don't get tempted to play hospital.

Back
Top Bottom