Chameleon Ate a Piece of foil

Panther Shawn

Left for the weekend and my girlfriend thought it was a good idea to cover the dirt from one of his plants with foil because he kept trying to drink the water from the dirt. Came home and just watched him throw up for the first time and there was a piece of foil in his throw up. SMH!!!! You guys think he'll be OK??? he looks fine hes just walking around drinking water from the leaves for now. should i be worried? ugh :( hes a 5 month old Panther Chameleon

Left for the weekend and my girlfriend thought it was a good idea to cover the dirt from one of his plants with foil because he kept trying to drink the water from the dirt. Came home and just watched him throw up for the first time and there was a piece of foil in his throw up. SMH!!!! You guys think he'll be OK??? he looks fine hes just walking around drinking water from the leaves for now. should i be worried? ugh :( hes a 5 month old Panther Chameleon
He should be okay since the foil came back up... You should cover the dirt in your potted plants with long smooth rocks, big enough to cover the dirt and big enough so he won’t choke if he accidentally eats one

He should be okay since the foil came back up... You should cover the dirt in your potted plants with long smooth rocks, big enough to cover the dirt and big enough so he won’t choke if he accidentally eats one

ok thank you thats a good idea. btw is it bad that he eats dirt sometimes? its just organic dirt in my pots

ok thank you thats a good idea. btw is it bad that he eats dirt sometimes? its just organic dirt in my pots
I’ve heard of mostly veiled chams eating dirt, not many panthers, some would say it’s normal and he is trying to get nutrients but eating any dirt could cause him to choke. I’d cover it either way

Dirt is fine as long as there aren't pieces large enough to choke on. Like gravel, chunks of bark, etc you'd want to avoid

Back
Top Bottom