Chameleon at top of cage

Hsandovaljr

Established Member
Is this a good thing or bad that my chameleon is at the top of the cage. He just started doing this when I started hand spraying the cage for 2 mins

Attachments

• IMG_0914.JPG
    IMG_0914.JPG
    330.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0913.JPG
    IMG_0913.JPG
    259.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0912.JPG
    IMG_0912.JPG
    289.6 KB · Views: 91
He should have have some branches closer to the top of the cage, so he can comfortably get that high and as close as necessary to the lights. Mine does this too when misted because sometimes they aren't really in the mood for the water, also make sure the water is warm and not too cold for the little guy. Also, if your cage isn't on a stand, something I've read is you should have the top of your cage at least 6 feet off the ground or something like that so they can get a high enough perch to feel safe, they do live in the tree tops in the wild after all.

My 11 month old still does that on occasion lol. I would just raise ur sums basking spot for em to get a lil warmer, that might be what he is trying to do

No the lights don't set on the cage. There raised off the cage with wood. Should I put the lights on the cage and take the lights off the wood.

Attachments

• IMG_0918.JPG
    IMG_0918.JPG
    271.9 KB · Views: 80
Thermometer at the highest basking point, you want to make sure it's warm enough for him to bask but not too hot where he may get burned. As long as you can hold your hand near the basking light without it being uncomfortable or burning your hand you should be ok. Keep as close to your optimal basking temp.
The hygrometer should be away from too much water. It's going to help you gauge your humidity levels but it's not a completely accurate, create "humidity" pockets by allowing the live plants to grow around branches your Cham can hide under. Its tough keeping the humidity up, you can get a cool mist humidifier to help boost it

Back
Top Bottom