Chameleon arrived dead from LLLreptile

I am very sorry to hear about your chameleon. What kind of chameleon? Where do you live? Maybe I have help you find a chameleon within driving distance.

I am extremely picticular with my chameleon and shipping. I personally talk to someone at Ship Your Reptiles to get the ok to ship before I ever ship a chameleon. No matter how careful you are things can still happen. One of my precious baby boys passed due to shipping and I’m still sad and extremely mad at myself for shipping him.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/one-of-my-sweet-baby-boys-has-passed-away.164069/

I would love to find someone in reasonable driving distance but have been unable to do so. I am in middle Georgia near Macon, Ga. I am looking specifically for a panther, age, sex and locale are open though.

Are you in any big hury? I will have Nosy Be, Ambilobe and Ambanja available within the next 2 to 3 months. They just need a little more time to grow up in order to be robust enough for shipping!

By the way, how old was the chameleon that LLL sent you that passed away? There are people who stubbornly believe that very young chameleons are OK to be shipped though the losses at those ages are quite high during shipping!

It happened this morning. I knew it was warmer out but our high today was 87 and it is currently 81 so I didnt think it would be terrible for him. Noob mistake, I know that now, but I have no local breeders that I could find to avoid shipping. I won't be shipping another though, I will try to find someone local or I just wont be getting one. I had to learn this lesson the hard way and I feel terrible for the little guy.
I didn't mean to imply that it was your fault :(

You are not making any bigger mistake that a lot of us have made! I have been at this for years, I have no excuse, but it could still happen. We are here to help you, just hand in there and we will get this worked out! You just want a panther? Either sex ok?

I was super excited to pick up my first panther cham today and when I got him him home and opened the package, he had sadly passed. I'm so upset and heartbroken. I had ordered him from LLLreptile.com and didnt fully read the live arrival guarantee where it stated they do not pay for shipping on a replacement. I don't want to order another, for i fear it will arrive the same way after reading reviews on them and then i will be out $100 worth of shipping and still be chamless. I'm so frustrated that I did not read reviews on them earlier, they were a sponsor and I naively blind bought from them, not knowing how common it is to receive sickly/already passed animals from them. No idea what I'm going to do now but could use some spam of some pretty chams to look at while I soak in the situation and decide what my next step will be.

You are not making any bigger mistake that a lot of us have made! I have been at this for years, I have no excuse, but it could still happen. We are here to help you, just hand in there and we will get this worked out! You just want a panther? Either sex ok?
Thank you :) Yep, just a panther. Doesn't have to have crazy awesome coloring or be a specific age/sex as long as its healthy. I've just already had such bad luck that I'm starting to get discouraged. The first cham I had picked out was from a local "breeder" and developed an upper respiratory infection the day before I was going to pick him up and after questioning her, found out she also offered no uvb for them so I passedon her offer of picking out another. I then decided to order online since I couldn't find another breeder in my area and then this happened :'(

Thank you :) Yep, just a panther. Doesn't have to have crazy awesome coloring or be a specific age/sex as long as its healthy. I've just already had such bad luck that I'm starting to get discouraged. The first cham I had picked out was from a local "breeder" and developed an upper respiratory infection the day before I was going to pick him up and after questioning her, found out she also offered no uvb for them so I passedon her offer of picking out another. I then decided to order online since I couldn't find another breeder in my area and then this happened :'(

I remember your last post. I’m so sorry this happened. Don’t get discouraged and dont give up. I was kind of picky with my boy but I spent around 5-6 months looking for the perfect little guy. It’s worth it... have you searched for any good local reptile stores? Or maybe a repticon.. there’s one happening here in a few weeks and I’m so excited to go.. I have never been but a friend that is very into reptiles and is a veterinarian always tells me they’re very interesting and you could find local people that have what you’re looking for or maybe even purchase something at the expo. Just something to consider if you really don’t want to ship one :)

Just get a kammer panther, or one from @Matt Vanilla Gorilla, or any other reputable breeder on here and you'll be set. No worries with shipping they always come fine. Don't waste your time looking at reptile shows and locally. The best ones are going to be shipped unless you live close to one of these breeders.

Sorry you had to go through that.
A0111212-E9A3-44CB-9CED-BC419367C5F5.jpeg

I am very sorry to hear about your chameleon. What kind of chameleon? Where do you live? Maybe I have help you find a chameleon within driving distance.

I am extremely picticular with my chameleon and shipping. I personally talk to someone at Ship Your Reptiles to get the ok to ship before I ever ship a chameleon. No matter how careful you are things can still happen. One of my precious baby boys passed due to shipping and I’m still sad and extremely mad at myself for shipping him.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/one-of-my-sweet-baby-boys-has-passed-away.164069/
So sorry...Harry’s still a baby and his coloring isn’t developed yet. I ordered from FLChams and the experience was great shipped from FL to NC. So sorry this happened to you. Wish you better days

Attachments

• 24237D0F-23C0-48A8-B95E-055008D496B5.jpeg
    24237D0F-23C0-48A8-B95E-055008D496B5.jpeg
    343 KB · Views: 82
So sorry...Harry’s still a baby and his coloring isn’t developed yet. I ordered from FLChams and the experience was great shipped from FL to NC. So sorry this happened to you. Wish you better days

Which line is he from? I almost bought from them when I was considering a veiled, they have some beautiful veiled bloodlines!

He is from the “jethro” bloodline and he arrived very healthy...ate right away and mike even sent a text to be sure all was well...great reviews too! He should have lots of yellow, some blue...I hope you can get a new one. I would have been so disappointed too and freaked out. My first Cham was from a large pet chain and died within the guarantee health period...the vet said he was very sick when I got him. So I kind of know how you feel. Harry “jr” was ordered after my Harry from Pet not so smart didn’t make it.

I remember your last post. I’m so sorry this happened. Don’t get discouraged and dont give up. I was kind of picky with my boy but I spent around 5-6 months looking for the perfect little guy. It’s worth it... have you searched for any good local reptile stores? Or maybe a repticon.. there’s one happening here in a few weeks and I’m so excited to go.. I have never been but a friend that is very into reptiles and is a veterinarian always tells me they’re very interesting and you could find local people that have what you’re looking for or maybe even purchase something at the expo. Just something to consider if you really don’t want to ship one :)
Oh now I remember this too...you have had a bad time with it...you hang in there!

Attachments

• F55487F8-E9B9-4EF1-9979-203D5A0B8599.jpeg
    F55487F8-E9B9-4EF1-9979-203D5A0B8599.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 74
Back
Top Bottom