Chameleon arrived dead from LLLreptile

I was super excited to pick up my first panther cham today and when I got him him home and opened the package, he had sadly passed. I'm so upset and heartbroken. I had ordered him from LLLreptile.com and didnt fully read the live arrival guarantee where it stated they do not pay for shipping on a replacement. I don't want to order another, for i fear it will arrive the same way after reading reviews on them and then i will be out $100 worth of shipping and still be chamless. I'm so frustrated that I did not read reviews on them earlier, they were a sponsor and I naively blind bought from them, not knowing how common it is to receive sickly/already passed animals from them. No idea what I'm going to do now but could use some spam of some pretty chams to look at while I soak in the situation and decide what my next step will be.

Sorry you are having such a bad experience.
Here is a handsome boy to cheer you up. A batch of his babies just hatched.
IMG_0862.jpg

They are good for supplies, but I've heard a lot of problems with their animals and their general business model is to just hustle animals. I'm not a fan. Sorry this happened.

Even their supplies are iffy now that I think about it. I got a uvb hood from them 2 years ago that didn't work. I would suggest getting from a reputable breeder.

Even their supplies are iffy now that I think about it. I got a uvb hood from them 2 years ago that didn't work. I would suggest getting from a reputable breeder.

Oh that's just great, so my credit is going to be practically useless then because I had decided I was going to use it for supplies since I learned my lesson the hard way on the animals from them but if the supplies are crud too then I'm really just out the money... awesome to hear

Sorry to hear the bad news. When did this happen? With the current temperatures in many parts of the country it's not an ideal time for shipping live animals. I've never received any complaints about their supplies. For the most part they are selling the same supplies you would buy elsewhere.

Sorry to hear the bad news. When did this happen? With the current temperatures in many parts of the country it's not an ideal time for shipping live animals. I've never received any complaints about their supplies. For the most part they are selling the same supplies you would buy elsewhere.

It happened this morning. I knew it was warmer out but our high today was 87 and it is currently 81 so I didnt think it would be terrible for him. Noob mistake, I know that now, but I have no local breeders that I could find to avoid shipping. I won't be shipping another though, I will try to find someone local or I just wont be getting one. I had to learn this lesson the hard way and I feel terrible for the little guy.

I agree you'll probably have no issue with supplies, I did though and just never went back. Not sure how common that was.

I was super excited to pick up my first panther cham today and when I got him him home and opened the package, he had sadly passed. I'm so upset and heartbroken. I had ordered him from LLLreptile.com and didnt fully read the live arrival guarantee where it stated they do not pay for shipping on a replacement. I don't want to order another, for i fear it will arrive the same way after reading reviews on them and then i will be out $100 worth of shipping and still be chamless. I'm so frustrated that I did not read reviews on them earlier, they were a sponsor and I naively blind bought from them, not knowing how common it is to receive sickly/already passed animals from them. No idea what I'm going to do now but could use some spam of some pretty chams to look at while I soak in the situation and decide what my next step will be.

So sorry for your loss :(. Use your credit for supplies, other then lights I guess seeing James's post. What species did you order?

Sorry you are having such a bad experience.
Here is a handsome boy to cheer you up. A batch of his babies just hatched.
View attachment 208762

He's beautiful!! Who belongs to this handsome boy?

Here is one of mine to add to the hopeful cheering up.

20180628_191438-1.jpg

They are good for supplies, but I've heard a lot of problems with their animals and their general business model is to just hustle animals. I'm not a fan. Sorry this happened.
I agree. I bought a chinese water dragon from them last year and he passed away a few days later

I know they aren't panthers, but everyone seems to love these little guys! This was their first taste of real sunlight.

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 127
  • q.jpg
    q.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 129
I am very sorry to hear about your chameleon. What kind of chameleon? Where do you live? Maybe I have help you find a chameleon within driving distance.

I am extremely picticular with my chameleon and shipping. I personally talk to someone at Ship Your Reptiles to get the ok to ship before I ever ship a chameleon. No matter how careful you are things can still happen. One of my precious baby boys passed due to shipping and I’m still sad and extremely mad at myself for shipping him.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/one-of-my-sweet-baby-boys-has-passed-away.164069/

Back
Top Bottom