Chameleon Anus swelling

Nikicat

I noticed my female chameleon struggling to poo the other day, I iniatially thought she was laying a egg as she was gravid and a white thing appeared to be coming out of her bum, not sure if she actually got it out as she went and hid when she saw me, but she has now developed a very strange swollen anus, which im preety sure isnt a prolapse because theres nothing protruding out of her bum and its not red, just appears bigger. Any help would be appreciated. Picture Attached.

Attachments

• Photo0633.jpg
    Photo0633.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 754
Hi, the picture is not very clear, there's any chance you can post a better one?
It's hard to help if we can't see what's going on..:)

here are some better photos, if anyone can tell me why her cloaca looks like this i would really appreciate it, iv also noticed she hasnt been pooing as much recently either, given her warm baths but doesnt seem to make a difference, she is still eating thougth.

Attachments

• Photo0644.jpg
    Photo0644.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 577
  • Photo0646.jpg
    Photo0646.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 1,363
  • Photo0648.jpg
    Photo0648.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 627
  • Photo0650.jpg
    Photo0650.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 638
I do have a chameleon vet yeah, but havent taken her there yet. She does have a laying box so she should lay if she needs too just very worried if may interfere with her laying, if it is a possible prolapse is there anything I can do to reduce the chances of this??? I want to avoid it at all costs.

Feed her soft foods such as silkworms and hornworms and give her plenty of water. I have also found that natural sunshine seems to help with everything.

Okay I'll do that, its quite strange as it does reduce in size and look normal sometimes, but Iv noticed she hasnt pooed properly (only the white bit) for about a day and a half so maybe its constipation?? Iv been trying to hydrate her best I can but its quite scary as I dont want her to become eggbound because of it.

Do chameleons get the equivalent of hemorrhoids? I'm just thinking if she's constipated and pushing, she might have damaged the tissue. Do you think she's ready to lay? They can be gravid for quite some time. Maybe a couple of pictures that show her whole body might help?

Have you seen any internal tissue actually come out? Or is it just the swelling around the vent?

Does any one think this could be an infection?

UPDATE- She has laid eggs, about 14 without me realising, buried them all ect, but she is still large (bit lumpy in places), hasnt pooed at all just the urine bits scattered around, and is refusing food (which is odd for her as she loves food!) Her bum is still poking out but it has dried urine bits around it, given her warm showers/baths but she hasnt laid more eggs or pooed at all. Taking her to the vets tommorow, do you think this sounds like impaction???

I'm glad you are taking her to the vet. I wonder if she might not be retaining some eggs. Make sure the vet checks for that.

Will do, If its compaction thougth, she should last the night right?? Im very worried iv left it too long to get checked out

I hate to have you stress her out more, but have you tried a warm shallow bath? Just enough to cover the vent? Sometimes that will stimulate pooping.

Any help/advice from anyone makes me feel better! Yeah i have given her a warm bath today resting her vent in there, which she appears to enjoy haha, and a warm misting, that obviously stimulated her to poo, which she just tried, was watching her for about 5 minutes pushing to get something whiteish out. Its quite sad to watch as shes pushing really hard and is struggling a lot.. The warm bath helped but it doesnt appear to be enougth to help her :/

Back
Top Bottom