Chameleon air puff

Little De Death

So my chameleon sometimes puffs air out of her nose not puffing up or hissing at me just *puff* so does it mean she likes me or taking a deep breath

Hashtag ChamLife

Avid Member
My chams do this. It's similar to a "snalt" for iguanas if I'm not mistaken. Basically it's a sneeze... minerals, dust, feeder poop/debris, etc collect in their "nose holes".

At least that's my opinion. I've never seen any of them dislodge anything that way. However, I notice my females do it more often after they dig in their lay bin, maybe to get any dirt out?

CamoChameleonsHuman

Chameleon Enthusiast
My Panther males do this often as a sign of dominance or warning. It's similar to their hiss but do so without opening their mouths. Only when I'm hands on with them do they do so.

Little De Death

My chams do this. It's similar to a "snalt" for iguanas if I'm not mistaken. Basically it's a sneeze... minerals, dust, feeder poop/debris, etc collect in their "nose holes".

At least that's my opinion. I've never seen any of them dislodge anything that way. However, I notice my females do it more often after they dig in their lay bin, maybe to get any dirt out?
I think so because I seen nose dust on her nose some times

Top Bottom