Cham Shower

ajacobson

So my Ambanja, William, has been having something going on with his eye for a few days. He kept having one eye shut, but he would move his turret around like he was looking around, and sometimes would make it bubble out like he was cleaning it. It wasn't constantly shut though, he was opening it sometimes. I found out from here and my local exotic petstore that I should give him a shower.

Well, he immediately opened the eye and LOVED the shower. I left him in there for a while to get some extra water and humidity and he was walking all around the plant and drinking up the water. I got a video of it too if you're interested! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73MhXnUp0wQ

I'm going to keep checking up on that eye and give him showers more often.

That is SO cute! Hugh hates showers so I gave up on them... He has learned to enjoy his mistings though and even drinks in front of me. So cool that your CHam enjoys showers!:)

I didn't expect him to like it all, he hates being directly misted! I guess it was just so warm and humid that it was all good. :)

Hugh prefers being hand misted... I think the shower just freaks him out and feels more comfortable being in his enclosure. I'm jelouse, lol!

Can you explain the shower a little more? what is the plant hanging from? what is the water coming from? is the water direct or bounced off the wall to hit indirectly?

The plant wasn't actually hanging from anything, it was sitting in the tub, as I didn't have anything else to put him on. I'd probably get a taller fake plant next time...

Anyways, I positioned the shower head so it was bouncing off the wall behind the plant. My shower head has like a fold-down arm so I made it closer in distance to the plant too (it's a rain shower head). It was warm water but it wasn't directly hitting the plant, because I wasn't sure if he'd even want to be near the water.

If you search on the site, you'll see that a lot of people shower chams for various reasons, and you might be able to find different/more details on it. (this was my first time so I'm no expert!) ;)

Hope that helps! :)

my little guy absolutely hates getting hand misted, but he loves his showers lol. i havnt seen him drink in the shower, but he seems very relaxed and is a really bright green, almost yellow.

my little guy absolutely hates getting hand misted, but he loves his showers lol. i havnt seen him drink in the shower, but he seems very relaxed and is a really bright green, almost yellow.

Same here. He was a little upset with me because he couldn't see out of his eye, but when he got in the water he turned such light colors and I could just tell he loved it. He even moved so he could be more under the water.

Sounds like a misting system would be a good idea for you. They really help keep a cham healthy. It gives a good opportunity for the cham to clean it's eyes and drink. Most of my chams 'shower' daily during at least one of their 15 minute misting sessions.

Sounds like a misting system would be a good idea for you. They really help keep a cham healthy. It gives a good opportunity for the cham to clean it's eyes and drink. Most of my chams 'shower' daily during at least one of their 15 minute misting sessions.

I have a Mistking already...

Back
Top Bottom