Cham poop, PICS INSIDE!!

Southernmost

OK ive heard alot about the apperance of droppings, and just after my nightly cleaning I noticed this, Ive heard about the orangeish color and how it can signal dehydration, Ive never actually seen my cham drink but hes offered water through a dripper plus the drip off of the humidifer most hours of the day, so is this a "normal" looking dropping?

Thanks for the info :D

IMG_1017.jpg

I have no comment on the feces. But you need to mist your Cham cage. The drips may not be enough. If it is dehydration Give the cage and the cham a good misting 10-15 mins. The misting may bring on Drinking. Lizards can also soak in water through the skin, Which can help hydrate.

Frank

IMO, the urates are beggining to look clumpy which can be a result of dehydration, along with the orangish spots. A dripper and a humidifier are not acceptable means of keeping a chameleon hydrated. Misting is mandatory. You should be misting for a minimum of 30 minutes a day, preferrably in two or three sessions. Feeders with a high moisture content such a silkworks and hornworms can also help as a secondary measure.

Thanks for the advice:) , I also do mist several times a day but didnt put that in the org. post. I think Im going to try a shower this weekend, Ive got to come up with a good artificial plant rig before I try though, Ill post pics when I get it done.

Back
Top Bottom