cham lighting

allencg101

just wanted to know peoples thought on type of lighting that they use on chams.
i use a 5.0 uvd and a 50w heat lamp.

what do you use?

just wanted to know peoples thought on type of lighting that they use on chams.
i use a 5.0 uvd and a 50w heat lamp.

what do you use?

ReptiSun 5.0 for UV plus an exterior halogen spotlight for basking. The watts depend on time of year and house temps...higher in winter, lower in summer.

Reptisun 5.0 tube. 45 watt halogen for basking. I use white housebulbs too but this is what I had when the other one burned out. Oh and the good ole sunshine outside.!

ok do you prefer the flourecent tubes or the new light bulbs cause my babies i use the tube my big boys i use the bulbs

ok do you prefer the flourecent tubes or the new light bulbs cause my babies i use the tube my big boys i use the bulbs

I prefer the tube ReptiSun 5.0s. They work just fine, light more of the cage generally, and I don't have to worry about getting a coil bulb that will cause eye problems. Some of the CF coil types are not good for chams.

Just got two new lights today i asked the same question in my post lol. From what I see Im going to go with the 5.0

IMG_1331.jpg

Here is my old 5.0 but like others said spiral bulbs can hurt your chams eyes from what im told
IMG_1333.jpg

I prefer the tube ReptiSun 5.0s.

This is just entirely a personal preference but I prefer the reptiglo because they give off yellow light instead of white. The white light from the reptisun bulbs make their colors look really washed out when they're under it, whereas the yellow light makes them look much nicer! Has anyone else noticed that or is it just me?

Just got two new lights today i asked the same question in my post lol. From what I see Im going to go with the 5.0

IMG_1331.jpg

Here is my old 5.0 but like others said spiral bulbs can hurt your chams eyes from what im told

Do you know that the Slimline Tropical fixture is only 3% UVB (equivalent of a 3.0 bulb)? Last I checked, at least. You might want to replace the bulb with a reptisun 5.0. It's a better bulb all around. Make sure you remove that lense cover on that fixture. It DOES filter out UVB.

thanks someone in another post warned me about these fixtures saying they give off unsafe levels of uvb and are nicknamed R-killa. I will try and get the right fixture and bulbs in the am. I got this from petco I should have known they probably did not know what they were talking about.

Back
Top Bottom