Cham is walking weird sometimes...?!?!

kronikcurt

Ambilobe Panther - MALE - 5 months old
He has been in my possession for 10 days now

QUESTIONS:
Sometimes when he walks he wobbles and does this weird back and forth motion. Almost as if he is really indecisive as whether or not to take the next step, and walks like this for short periods of time..
That being said, i have seen him quickly run up branches and plants on numerous occasions.
IS THIS SOMETHING I SHOULD WORRY ABOUT?!?! (or am i just being paranoid)

Am i using the Calcium or Multivitamin too much?
Does multivitamin contain sufficient D3 on its own?
Is it necessary to get calcium with D3?
TIPS for my current set-up??

Enclosure:
2'x2'x4'
22" UVB 10.0 light
8.5" UVA dome light
4" UVA dome light

Temperatures:
Ambient:73-78
Basking:85-87
night:60+

Humidity & Moisture:
Humidity: 50-75%
Pressurized Pray mister (twice daily)
Small Humidifier (PureGaurdian 10-hour Ultrasonic)
Big Dripper (3 seconds drip intervals- all day)
Umrella plant
2 Pothos directly outside enclosure
2 sides of enclosure wrapped with plastic lining to maintain humidity

Vitamin & Supplement:
ExoTerra Calcium powder (used with every feeding)
ExoTerra Multivitamin (used once a week)
Daily Feed: Crickets and sometimes superworms (gut-loaded with carrots danelion greens and apple)

Thanks for any and all feedback! :D

Nope nutting to worry about. They do that as a stealthy kind of a thing. Its like they're mimicking the wind or leaves. Prey doesn't see it as something to worry about.

Post pics please. Your description of your enclosure sounds great.

You need to look into the type of multivitamin you have on the D3 subject. I daily dust calcium w/ ZERO D3 (tues thru sunday). I then do "Mineral Mondays". I alternate mondays w/ multi vitamin one monday, and then the other monday calcium w/ D3.

Nope nutting to worry about. They do that as a stealthy kind of a thing. Its like they're mimicking the wind or leaves. Prey doesn't see it as something to worry about.

Post pics please. Your description of your enclosure sounds great.

You need to look into the type of multivitamin you have on the D3 subject. I daily dust calcium w/ ZERO D3 (tues thru sunday). I then do "Mineral Mondays". I alternate mondays w/ multi vitamin one monday, and then the other monday calcium w/ D3.

Pics of what?

THanks for the advice

Some pics of your cham and his enclosure set up. I'm always curious to see other folk's enclosures and custom work they've done on them.

Back
Top Bottom