Cham gone crazy!!!!

AgentP77

ok so for about the last week my cham has just been so hyper and full of energy and i know this prolly isnt something to worry about but shes almost like running around and she sometimes moves so fast up her screen walls she falls. So far no problems due to falling but she falls alot. she does not have mbd for anyone thinking that ive had her checked. btw she recently has started showing awesome colors. shes a vieled female but shes got blue and orange its so pretty but now shes crazy!!! has anyone had this happen haha colors come in and then crazy time?!? :eek:

This is also indicative of a supplementation issue.

Ive had this issue, and what your describing sounds spot on.(not that thats what the issue is)

What supplementation does the animal get?

Whats your gutload like?

If this is the problem, its easily correctable, but will cause major damage if it goes on too long.

maybe she is receptive and looking for a male? Could you post some pics of her?
Exactly what I was thinking. Orange and blue colors, and restless behaviour, almost certainly means she's looking for a male.

Like Carol said, post pics please :)

here is a pic

Attachments

• cham.JPG
    cham.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 143
oh and trust me ive doe my research and she gets her daily calcium without d3 then d3 and multi 2 times a month, she gets gut loaded crickets with carrots tomatoes lettuce cricket food all kinda of stuff, she also gets butter worms, calci worms, phoenix worms all kinds of stuff. shes veryyyyy spoiled

im not positive on her exact age but shes prolly getting close to a year now and yea she has a laying bin but doesnt seem to interested in it

im not positive on her exact age but shes prolly getting close to a year now and yea she has a laying bin but doesnt seem to interested in it
Well then I guess keep doing what you're doing...

If she's close to a year she definately may be ready to lay so she might begin to show interest in the bin soon. If not, enjoy observing your super hyper cham ;)

The fact that she is falling bothers me.

This could be related to the size of her claws, in comparison to the size of the screen. However, a healthy chameleon should be able to spend all day on the screen, without falling.

Making sure their is plenty to climb on, and that she can get to all areas of the cage without the use of the screen, can deter climbing on the screen.

If the falling continues, I would highly suggest filling out the form, and going over your supplementation again, just to make sure.
(I know you already stated your schedule, Im just erring on the side of caution here;))

Best of luck!

ok so for about the last week my cham has just been so hyper and full of energy and i know this prolly isnt something to worry about but shes almost like running around and she sometimes moves so fast up her screen walls she falls. So far no problems due to falling but she falls alot.

Might be a good idea to put something over the screen that she can grip better

Back
Top Bottom