Cham going to bed early

Rune

Normally, my cham settles at about 8. Its 6:37 pm right now, and when i went to check on my cham he was settled in. He was also a light black color. Is this a bad sign?

Mine go to bed before lights out. Nothing to worry about.

Coloration wise, they usually lighten up. Dont know why he'd be black.

yes, this is a very bad sign actually. does it sound as though your cham is congested? does he keep his mouth open randomly when he is awake? he could have a respiratory infection. its very easy for them to get. i would say take it into a vet for a check up as soon as possible

yes, this is a very bad sign actually. does it sound as though your cham is congested? does he keep his mouth open randomly when he is awake? he could have a respiratory infection. its very easy for them to get. i would say take it into a vet for a check up as soon as possible

Nope. Never heard or seen that.

Uh.. from where do you come up with this diagnosis?

As far as I know, going to sleep at 6:30 isn't a bad time at all. Sometimes they are dark colored too. How can you relate going to sleep earlier to URI without any further knowledge of its living conditions and possible symptoms? Don't assume things as they can lead to false information.

It's 5:30 right now and my little ones are nestled on their sleeping branches. I think they sense the time change approaching.

Dont forget everyone it is starting to get darker earlier! The days are getting shorter. edit: Didn't see what prettyinink wrote, but I am trying to say the same thing!

Mine have a large window in the room, so they do what they want with what the sun is doing. The other day it got cloudy and rainy and by 6ish they were ready for bed. To them it was dark outside, even if the lights were still on. So I turned them off and let them do their thing.

Going to bed an hour early doesn't ring any alarms for me. The dark color, could be any number of things. I don't think I would worry about it. See how he is tomorrow, the color may not be anything beyond he's just a little cold.

yes it is that time of year again, sun goes down a bit early and chams goto sleep, nothing to worry about imho
hoj

just wondering what time should i start turning lights off for the cham like do i turn off the basking light first for how long or both lights or what ?

I have them all on a single timer. If you really wanted to get fancy you could turn off your brightest lights first (like the basking) and the UVB second (and visa versa in the morning) but most just have them all on a single timer.

However, I'll turn on my lights after there's light coming in from daybreak and turn them off before the sun sets. So it's not BAM light in the morning, or BAM darkness at night. I let daylight be the opening and last act of the day.

i have started turing my light off a little ealiler now 730 as apposed to 800 and i do turn my basking lights off about 15min before my uvb, just to let my guys know its time to head to their sleeping spots, they seem to perfere this over darkness all at once.

Back
Top Bottom