Cham falling

Leighqt

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Ambilobe, Age approx 8- 9mths , in my care from about 3mth
  • Handling - Comes tofront of cageto come out, daily to every other day, just made a small freerange for him, In good weather he likes to sit on a small Treein Garden
  • Feeding - Coach roach, crickets, gutload with mango, carrot, kale
  • Supplements - Calcium every feed, calcium with D3 twice a month, nutri vitamins every Third
  • Watering - Misting technique about 2 min per time, am home every day so when I see Humidity has dropped,
  • Fecal Description - Brown , White Urates,
  • History - Purchased from a reptile shop, discussed my issue with owner who once confirmed I had recently upgraded the bulb ( he knew I wanted too) said it should be ok, looked at pics of him said Growth etc ok, could not see any sign of MBD,

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Glass with mesh ventilation 2ft by 3ft width
  • Lighting - Zoo med T5 light across top of cage 6% uv, Komodo basking dome with basking bulb
  • Temperature - Komodo digital, 26 - 30 c,
  • Humidity - Komodo digital min 50 c - 70 - 80 c, Misting daily
  • Plants - Combined Real and Fake
  • Placement - corner of room, higher level, no vents etc
  • Location - Wales UK
Plenty of vines, plants etc
Grip firm
Not shown in images, but to the bottom right I have added another walk way.
Claws all intact to each foot

Current Problem -Cham being clumsy ,seems to fall fairly often. I am going to take to vet for a once over but are there any obvious Husbandry issues.
A8CB2FAF-DE52-42F3-A972-12283547C462.jpeg

--------------a

Attachments

• BAE0F4B6-E36B-4249-A498-A6CA37DB6921.jpeg
    BAE0F4B6-E36B-4249-A498-A6CA37DB6921.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 172
  • 79B979F0-8C8A-4B53-B1FA-83BE44350834.jpeg
    79B979F0-8C8A-4B53-B1FA-83BE44350834.jpeg
    296.2 KB · Views: 169
  • 4AF400CB-B1E5-411F-8798-9E1DC12CB48C.jpeg
    4AF400CB-B1E5-411F-8798-9E1DC12CB48C.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 183
  • 09170E7E-C9A0-4A0F-89C1-400D4BB54E16.jpeg
    09170E7E-C9A0-4A0F-89C1-400D4BB54E16.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 160
  • 9B64ACC5-2B46-4960-81C9-6D3E5D999B24.jpeg
    9B64ACC5-2B46-4960-81C9-6D3E5D999B24.jpeg
    298.1 KB · Views: 165
  • D4FF25AD-9530-47D4-AE33-AF210B366345.jpeg
    D4FF25AD-9530-47D4-AE33-AF210B366345.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 152
  • 64FAAB91-0BBF-4565-A8AD-15A33D74E789.jpeg
    64FAAB91-0BBF-4565-A8AD-15A33D74E789.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 183
  • BFBCCDB6-D057-473D-B9CE-F30FFC017E3B.jpeg
    BFBCCDB6-D057-473D-B9CE-F30FFC017E3B.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 140
  • 8292F3C7-D0FE-4FAD-84E6-7A85FEBDB399.jpeg
    8292F3C7-D0FE-4FAD-84E6-7A85FEBDB399.jpeg
    298.5 KB · Views: 179
The most common cause of poor coordination is MBD but I can't spot anything in your husbandry that would be the cause if your lights are new enough. What do you mean by every third on the vitamins, week, day, month?
Less common but another possible causes are poisoning from your feeders eating moldy grain esp. crickets, a heavy parasite load with parasites migrating through the central nervous system or a tumor. Hopefully your vet can get to the source of his problem.

Chameleon Info:
  • Handling - Comes tofront of cageto come out, daily to every other day, just made a small freerange for him, In good weather he likes to sit on a small Treein Garden
Try adding more of a variety of feeders and switch up your gutload every now and again. I'd also suggest adding Bee Pollen and a quality commercial gutload like Repashy Bug Burger/Superload or Cricket Crack. See attached careguides.
  • Supplements - Calcium every feed, calcium with D3 twice a month, nutri vitamins every Third
Brand of all 3 supplements?
  • Watering - Misting technique about 2 min per time, am home every day so when I see Humidity has dropped,
  • History - Purchased from a reptile shop, discussed my issue with owner who once confirmed I had recently upgraded the bulb ( he knew I wanted too) said it should be ok, looked at pics of him said Growth etc ok, could not see any sign of MBD,
I think there's a translation issue here not sure what you're quite getting at?

Cage Info:
  • Lighting - Zoo med T5 light across top of cage 6% uv, Komodo basking dome with basking bulb
What kind of real plants?

• Location - Wales UK
Grip firm

Current Problem -Cham being clumsy ,seems to fall fairly often. I am going to take to vet for a once over but are there any obvious Husbandry issues.

I feel this is a good idea. Just to be on the safe side.

View attachment 233833

--------------a

Attachments

• chameleon-gutload.jpg
    chameleon-gutload.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 134
  • chameleon-food.jpg
    chameleon-food.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 161
The most common cause of poor coordination is MBD but I can't spot anything in your husbandry that would be the cause if your lights are new enough. What do you mean by every third on the vitamins, week, day, month?
Less common but another possible causes are poisoning from your feeders eating moldy grain esp. crickets, a heavy parasite load with parasites migrating through the central nervous system or a tumor. Hopefully your vet can get to the source of his problem.

Sorry I meant to say, every 3 weeks for Calc with D3

Chameleon Info:
Try adding more of a variety of feeders and switch up your gutload every now and again. I'd also suggest adding Bee Pollen and a quality commercial gutload like Repashy Bug Burger/Superload or Cricket Crack. See attached careguides.

Cage Info:

• Location - Wales UK
Grip firm

View attachment 233833

--------------a
The brand of calc etc is Komodo and Exo terra
I feel he has a wide variety of Diet to include Crickets,roaches, wax worms, I try to stay away from Mealies.

Will

Attachments

• C0B54C18-3822-4CAB-9490-5F4550246688.jpeg
    C0B54C18-3822-4CAB-9490-5F4550246688.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 165
Sorry I meant to say, every 3 weeks for Calc with D3
Chameleon Info:

Cage Info:

• Location - Wales UK
Grip firm

View attachment 233833

--------------a
I’m not sure what type of plant this is, but below is a image.
Will take on board about the bee pollen as he will enjoy that.
The brands of Calcium, vitamins are Komodo and Exo Terra

I think a trip to vets is in order

Just to update Drago has today come back from the Vets following a X-ray I’m pleased to say there have been no damages to his bones, he has some liquid Calcium and goes back for a follow up in a fortnight

that's great!!! keep up your good work!!
Just to update Drago has today come back from the Vets following a X-ray I’m pleased to say there have been no damages to his bones, he has some liquid Calcium and goes back for a follow up in a fortnight

Back
Top Bottom