Cham doesn't like certain people?

ToxiccKiwii

Does anyone else's Cham not like certain people?

Mine is fine with me, my boyfriend, and our mutual best friend, we come in and out of the room, go talk to him, spray the cage, and he's chill the entire time, but my best friend came over the other day, and went into the room with me, he sat by the bed, at least a good few feet from the cage, and didn't even say a word; Chicken saw him, and immediately curled his tail completely, puffed up his neck, and opened his mouth as wide as he could as if to say "get the heck away from me!"

I thought it might've been circumstantial, maybe he was yawning or something, but he did it every time my friend came into the room with me that weekend.

Anyone else??? :confused:

Bahaha, I am too! I knew Cham's can be picky when it comes to handling, but I wasn't sure if they really picked and chose to dislike people who were even in their general vicinity. That's why I've always owned cats up until now, they're just as bishy and temperamental as I am, it's nice to know I've chosen an adequately tempered reptile, too.

I just thought it was hilarious because my cats don't really like him either, but Chicken hasn't met anyone else other than us four, and our mutual best friend the first day he came over was wearing a Marvel Venom t-shirt that had a giant spider on it, and even though it's 100x bigger than Chicken is, he tried to eat it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Lol according to science we pick out animals that reflect traits of our own. There is also stuff about cat people vs dog people vs reptile people and so on. Not a whole lot, but still interesting!

My chams just use me for my sweet door opening and taking outside abilities.

Lol according to science we pick out animals that reflect traits of our own. There is also stuff about cat people vs dog people vs reptile people and so on. Not a whole lot, but still interesting!

My chams just use me for my sweet door opening and taking outside abilities.
I must say, i do change color prett well... Mostly from white to red tho, when it's sunny.

:oops:
Does anyone else's Cham not like certain people?

Mine is fine with me, my boyfriend, and our mutual best friend, we come in and out of the room, go talk to him, spray the cage, and he's chill the entire time, but my best friend came over the other day, and went into the room with me, he sat by the bed, at least a good few feet from the cage, and didn't even say a word; Chicken saw him, and immediately curled his tail completely, puffed up his neck, and opened his mouth as wide as he could as if to say "get the heck away from me!"

I thought it might've been circumstantial, maybe he was yawning or something, but he did it every time my friend came into the room with me that weekend.

Anyone else??? :confused:
Haha my mom was watching my Cham while I was on vacation she said every time she misted it he would hiss at her:ROFLMAO:i can only imagine her reaction. He will only allow me to mist him wouthout hissing at me wow what an honor:rolleyes:

I've noticed my cham doesnt like tall people, he gets huffy if someone comes into the room that can look him in the eyes:LOL: . Granted I'm super short and a lot of the people that came around in his younger days were also. Hes finally calming down around my boyfriend though (y)
And i am literally the only person he will tolerate misting from. My boyfriend tried once while i was doing stuff with my other lizards and he hissed like crazy(he wasnt even being hit by the water!) And my roommate reported lots of hissing when i was on vacation, now he puffs up everytime she approaches the cage:ROFLMAO:

The vet techs wear pink. Pink people take you to a cold spot and poke you with needles, or make you open your mouth. They dont like people wearing pink.

Aahhh! Colors are a definite touchy point, I went to put crickets in his cage one day using an orange container and you would’ve thought I did something to send him into cardiac arrest :ROFLMAO: I supposed he didn’t want to become orange chicken

Back
Top Bottom