Cham Breeder in New England?

CBee7726

Avid Member
Does anyone know of a good, reputable chameleon breeder in the New England (or New York) area?

I'm thinking of getting another cham and I want to make sure he's as healthy as possible and comes from a quality breeder. Also with COVID, I'm not sure that I trust shipping one from another part of the country, so I'm thinking picking one up locally would be a better option right now.

Hey! So I haven't gotten around to getting a new cham yet for a few reasons. Anyways as @NAUSEATE mentioned, I may very well go with FramsChams when the time comes if I ultimately decide on a panther. I know they breed Nosy Boraha which I would LOVE to have (and I'm willing to wait patiently for it LOL). I've heard fantastic things about them from other people on this site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey! So I haven't gotten around to getting a new cham yet for a few reasons. Anyways as @NAUSEATE mentioned, I may very well go with FramsChams when the time comes if I ultimately decide on a panther. I know they breed Nosy Boraha which I would LOVE to have (and I'm willing to wait patiently for it LOL). I've heard fantastic things about them from other people on this site.

I just received two ambilobes from them a few days ago as well. Delivered from MA to CA with no problem. They are willing to help in any way possible. Check out their chameleon rooms on youtube if you get a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Appreciate it everyone! I'd love to use someone local to me. I'm brand new to chams but have been reading and researching for a few months. I got gun shy at first cause I've read they're difficult. I have a ton of experience with plants and controlled climate agriculture ( it's my job) though so I know I can create the environment for one without trouble.

Im going to get the whole setup and have it running for a month or two before I get any cham to make sure conditions are stable and system/ plants are pest and pathogen free.

Is it reasonable to start in a 24x24x48? I'm going to have a 48x48x48 built down the road when cham I get is close to mature

Appreciate it everyone! I'd love to use someone local to me. I'm brand new to chams but have been reading and researching for a few months. I got gun shy at first cause I've read they're difficult. I have a ton of experience with plants and controlled climate agriculture ( it's my job) though so I know I can create the environment for one without trouble.

Im going to get the whole setup and have it running for a month or two before I get any cham to make sure conditions are stable and system/ plants are pest and pathogen free.

Is it reasonable to start in a 24x24x48? I'm going to have a 48x48x48 built down the road when cham I get is close to mature
Yup, that’s fine. If you want to make sure everything is proper with your husbandry before you get a cham, you can fill out the ask for help form (last green pinned thread in the health forum) and everyone here will help if changes are needed!

Yup, that’s fine. If you want to make sure everything is proper with your husbandry before you get a cham, you can fill out the ask for help form (last green pinned thread in the health forum) and everyone here will help if changes are needed!

I will definitely do so! I am only going to get one if I know can provide optimal care for it. Thanks for letting me know about that.

Great! Not all future keepers do, so awesome job so far!
Update.

So I was just talking to Framschams and they have some real beauties that will be ready in about a month. A little quicker than I expected to get one but gives me enough time to get everything setup and tested. Ordering a 24x24x48 cage (from diy cages) , 24 inch t5 uvb 6%, arcadia 75watt (is 75to much?) basking bulb and deep dome fixture so I can leave it on top of cage.

I'll grab a mist king in a couple weeks and dragon stands for the cage.

Next I need to do some more plant research. Prob gowith pothos, rubber tree or money tree.

Update.

So I was just talking to Framschams and they have some real beauties that will be ready in about a month. A little quicker than I expected to get one but gives me enough time to get everything setup and tested. Ordering a 24x24x48 cage (from diy cages) , 24 inch t5 uvb 6%, arcadia 75watt (is 75to much?) basking bulb and deep dome fixture so I can leave it on top of cage.

I'll grab a mist king in a couple weeks and dragon stands for the cage.

Next I need to do some more plant research. Prob gowith pothos, rubber tree or money tree.
The strength of the basking bulb depends on your cage and house parameters. You'll have to tinker with the wattages before landing on the correct one. There’s been two recent threads for care lists for panther males on here: https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/first-post-is-this-a-good-cham.180445/ and https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/complete-list.180481/ Also check out the external resources tab in the resources section near the top of the webpage, https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/external-resources/ along with http://www.muchadoaboutchameleons.com/ and https://www.madcham.de/en/ Just reading through panther threads in the health clinic forum and seeing how their husbandry’s been corrected is great, too!

@Thesolecontender I bought 50W,75W, and 100W bulbs to get the right basking temp. In the end I learned that the best option was to buy a incandescent bulb dimmer on Amazon. I left the 100w bulb in the fixture and just played around with the dimmer controller until I was happy with temps.
I like to use a wattage that only raises the temps slightly too high (like around 5* higher or less) at the basking branch, so if the dimmer brakes, my chams don’t roast

@Thesolecontender I bought 50W,75W, and 100W bulbs to get the right basking temp. In the end I learned that the best option was to buy a incandescent bulb dimmer on Amazon. I left the 100w bulb in the fixture and just played around with the dimmer controller until I was happy with temps.
I will definitely do that. Everyone here has been very helpful, appreciate that very much. I will post up a thread at some poi t soon with my planned setup and pictures of the Ambilobe sire mine is coming from!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210115-200656.png
    Screenshot_20210115-200656.png
    569.1 KB · Views: 81
Back
Top Bottom