Cham attacking temperature monitor?

Ashleyg

Hey Guys,

I really like these Govee Temp/Humidity monitors, but my cham keeps attacking them. I'm assuming he's seeing his reflection?
Anyone have any experience with this? I really want to use this device.

Thanks,
Ash

I am guessing your using the ones that display on the unit. Careful moisture makes these die pretty easily. These govee ones work really well. No reflection everything goes to your phone on the app and they handle humidity but not direct spraying. You can easily zip tie them to branches. https://www.amazon.com/Govee-Thermometer-Hygrometer-Bluetooth-Temperature/dp/B07R586J37/ref=sr_1_9?crid=3MVZXCDQU9GOE&dchild=1&keywords=govee+temperature+humidity+monitor&qid=1623166327&sprefix=govee+temp,aps,212&sr=8-9
I just ordered the ones you have, no reflection....you can check in from anywhere correct?

I am guessing your using the ones that display on the unit. Careful moisture makes these die pretty easily. These govee ones work really well. No reflection everything goes to your phone on the app and they handle humidity but not direct spraying. You can easily zip tie them to branches. https://www.amazon.com/Govee-Thermometer-Hygrometer-Bluetooth-Temperature/dp/B07R586J37/ref=sr_1_9?crid=3MVZXCDQU9GOE&dchild=1&keywords=govee+temperature+humidity+monitor&qid=1623166327&sprefix=govee+temp,aps,212&sr=8-9
My next issue is the uvb reflector, he stares and claws right up to it, cant be good that close... i'm trying to position it so its not above anything branches so there's no access, might have to raise it above the screen

My next issue is the uvb reflector, he stares and claws right up to it, cant be good that close... i'm trying to position it so its not above anything branches so there's no access, might have to raise it above the screen
Have you posted pics of your entire enclosure? So we can see what your working with? He should not be that close to it anyways if it is a T5 fixture. You want a 8-9 inch distance to the branch below it depending on bulb and fixture type. This is how they get the correct UVI level to avoid MBD. If its not above branches then he can not get the UVB he needs.

Well Chameleons have great reach and can climb the screen, theres only one part of the branch that sticks up higher. I'm trying different angles etc, I have a uvb meter reading in the 3's....

Attachments

• IMG_9696.JPG
    IMG_9696.JPG
    338.9 KB · Views: 57
Well Chameleons have great reach and can climb the screen, theres only one part of the branch that sticks up higher. I'm trying different angles etc, I have a uvb meter reading in the 3's....
LOL yes I know they do. When did you start using this fixture for him?

Back
Top Bottom