Cham airflow/ventilation

If you can get some plastic for the bottom, it would be way easier for you in the long run.

Probably the easiest place for you to get it might be from a sign company. You're looking for some kind of expanded PVC type plastic. The brand name here in america is Sintra. It will just handle the water so much better.

I decided to make some changes to my design!now it will be wood sides and bottom.the front and top will both be mesh.thanks for all the debate guys.hopefully it'll lead to better enclosure for the cham!i'll post up some pics when its finished!Cheers!:)

Excellent solution / compromise. Should work fantastically.
Will you be using drippers and water collection pans? If so, no problem with a plain painted bottom. If not, and if you are misting/spraying a great deal, water may become a problem. You'll find however there are many solutions to the wooden bottom - sealants, drainage hole with bucket under, plastics, tile, lino, etc.

l'll be using a dripper and misting!!ya there are loads of way to deal with the water.i'll sort that out!i appreciate all the advice.

would having an all acrylic cage with aluminum screen for the top and air vent holes in the front under the doors be safe for a veiled chameleon??

Back
Top Bottom