Chaca is here

Pure

This morning my new Veiled Cham from FL Chams came in via UPS. He arrived alive and healthy, and in great shape. I was astonished at the color he was showing for being so young. He must have really felt cozy in his little box. He immediately turned brown when he saw me. And hasn't been that pretty since.

He calmed down pretty fast and relaxed his stress colors. I left him alone for a couple of hrs before trying to feed him. He ate 4 crickets not 30 seconds after I put them in the cage. :D

I'll Post some pics later

Sorry no pics yet. Not five minutes after I posted this he started shedding. And was done by that night. It was pretty amazing how fast his skin let go and fell off. I've had various herps over the yrs and have never seen anything like this. Is fast shedding like this normal for these guys? On top of that work has been hell the las couple of days. If I get home tonight at a resonable hr I'll get some pics.

So far he seems to be doing ok. He has pooped, and is eating. He also doesn't seem to have a problem drinking in front of me. :) He is pretty shy and pretty much runs from me (the 2 times I've tried to touch him) but he doesn't hiss. I'm guessing this is a good sign.

When babies they do shed in a matter of hours. As they get older their growth rate slows and they tend to shed in patches and take a few days at a time. I love it when Lily sheds - she's due one about now. She usually sheds every three months at the moment (she's 18 months old now).

Congrats. I bought my veiled from Fl Chams and I couldn't be happier! When you get some time, try getting some pictures of him.

Back
Top Bottom