Ch. cristatus how long gravid?

trioceros

Hi ,

i think my crested Chameleon is gravid.

But i ve read a lot of different opinions for the time of gastation.

Is anyone here who breed them an got some informations for me?

following a picture of my female.

Thanks and regards from germany.

Patrick

Attachments

• SL370393.JPG
    SL370393.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 227
I know this doesn't answer your question but thought it was interesting anyway. I bought a gravid WC recently and she is digging her nest right now. She looked ready, but you couldn't really see the eggs as well as you can see them in your female. Yours looks like she's got a huge clutch.

Montane chameleons will hold on to their eggs longer because of the environmental conditions of where they come from. They can regulate the temperature of the eggs longer this way and therefore the time the eggs are in the ground is much shorter in most cases.There are exceptions Parsonii being one of them . As for how long for each species is a body work waiting to happen. I would definitely set something up for here now.

Very nice:D I would also set up a laying bin for her now. She looks like she is going to pop! I hope all goes well with her and keep us updated on her and the eggs!!!

i think anything is ready for her!

i ve got 25cm moist ground.

i think she´s gravid for 7-8 weeks now.

at the adcham.com page i ve read that they could be gravid up to 4 months.

i ll give you updates soon.

thanks for your help...

regards

I´d like t give some more informations about my cristatus pair.
The are WC and i ve bought them in April 08.
I kept them at first in different cages and put them together in June.
the male was very often interested in her but she was shaking her body very often. Never she was colored black.
3 weeks ago i took the male out off her cage , because she was colored greenblack with a few little black dots on her.

So now i have to wait.

Wow,

hoffentlich klappt die Zucht !

Not sure what was meant by that comment, but this is how I translated it: "Wow, hopefully the breed folds!"

I know that cristatus are a difficult species to keep long term. The require low temps for incubation from what i've heard, but I haven't attemted to breed them. It is too warm here in Florida. She definately looks gravid to me though, ready to lay any time. She looks dark too which could be stress from being ready to lay the eggs. Good luck with her!

Last edited:
She's gorgeous. Looks very calm. You can definitely see those eggs in there. :) I bet you're getting anxious.

why may i get anxious?

i m very excited right now. she is in a very good condition so i dont must be worried that something could happen to her.

She looks very healthy.

By anxious, chamelisa means you can't wait until she lays them, or you want her to lay them now.

Keep up the good work!

why may i get anxious?

i m very excited right now. she is in a very good condition so i dont must be worried that something could happen to her.

Sorry! Anxious could be translated negatively as anxiety and worry. I meant as Jerm said... you must be very excited. :)

Mine has dug two holes. So now I am worrying and want her to be done with it.

Hi all,

i ve been back from the doc right now.
he made a picture from her .

now it is sure that she s gravid :)
shes got alot off eggs in her.

Congrats, What a neat locale.

Its not a locale, its a species. Panther chameleons are a single species (Furcifer pardalis) and have different locales (Nosy Be, Ambanja, Ambilobe, etc.). This is a different species all together (Chamaeleo cristatus). There are just shy of 200 chameleon species.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom