CB Melleri Egg Update

I'm Lame.

.....hold the phone people! I am seeing some sweating on 2 of them. Trying to keep myself from getting too psyched here..... :D:D:D:eek:

lol when I read this I was seeing it in an email on my phone.... and I said "I am holding my phone".... har har har :D sorry:rolleyes::eek:

You've got us all watching paint dry!

This must be like watching paint dry in slow motion for you. And you have us all right there watching it with you!

It is, Catherine, and it sucks. :rolleyes:

Sometime between 3:00 a.m. and 5:30 a.m. this morning (yes, that's all the sleep I got), 2 more started sweating. :D

Congrats! I haven't been on this site for long but your post is one of the one's I can't wait to read when there is a new post. I am so happy for you, can't wait until I have my first babies hatch

Julie i am jumping all over here. Arent you glad people in Bulgarai now are waiting for these guys? ahahah Hopefully topmorrow is the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THATS GREAT!!!

the melleridiscovery.com has a great page on
raising hatchlings and juveniles

its in the husbandry section and called raising juveniles
if you havent read it yet

you might find the house-fly feeder tutorial useful

you most likely already know everything

sorry I am just so excited its like I am
hatching my own babies :D

As of 4:30 this afternoon, we (I say "we" since you have all been going through this with me:D) are up to 6 that are sweating. I have never seen any of my species' eggs sweat like this. Maybe because they are way bigger. Don't know and don't care - all I know is I am starting to sweat bullets.:p Guess it's time to get the video camera charged up and start putting together my baby bin(s).

Thanks Jamncristian, but I have already raised a few baby melleri from 6 weeks of age (and am currently raising a couple of Fluxlizard's that are about 7 mos. old now). Between that and having been keeping the melleri for quite a while now, I believe I know MD word-for-word. The one thing I have found with the melleri, however, is that you have to adjust it to your climate and what works for some may not work for others. That's just an observation.

Okay, now I'm rambling because I'm on the edge of my seat and can't focus. Plus, I only got 2.5 hours of sleep last night so I'm a little wired. I have been waiting for this for quite a while.

Rob and Ray, the only pics I would be able to post are of the sweating eggs, but I haven't taken any yet because I'm too afraid to open the two separate bins - I don't want to disturb them until it's time to take out some babies! I will post some, though, as stuff happens.

Thanks to all of you for sharing in the excitement with me! This is certainly something that I have been working torwards for quite some time.

I know you said you were gonna post a new thread for when they hatch, but I can't help but to keep looking as soon as someone else posts!!!!! This soooo agonizing!!!!:eek::eek:. I'll bet ur not gonna sleep tonight either!!!!;)

you should put a web-cam on the egg-bin so you can sleep
once any one sees anything going on I am pretty sure you
will have a thousand people calling you on your phone yelling

"THEY ARE HATCHING!!!"

I know I will:D

you should put a web-cam on the egg-bin so you can sleep
once any one sees anything going on I am pretty sure you
will have a thousand people calling you on your phone yelling

"THEY ARE HATCHING!!!"

I know I will:D

That's a fantastic idea! And better yet - I would be able to sleep while you all are watching them! :D But alas, you are talking to the loser of the techno world and I'm certainly not that savvy. (so, if you'd like to come here and set it up for me, please be my guest...)

trust me I am not compter handy myself either:)

I guess I am just going to have to go up there and
watch them myself :D

Back
Top Bottom