catching chameleon

John33871

i know that you are not to handle your chameleon that much but im trying to get my little guy out so that i can measure him and possibly weight him to see how much he has grown. any advice?

move slowly. put your hand, finger in front of him, and nudge his tail to get him to walk up onto your hand. slow, and easy is what does the trick for me.

yea ive tired that he runs away so fast and jumps to get away from me. even when i clean his cage he freaks out so bad. i dont want to cause him to hurt himself. i try holding my hand in front of him, he just says his distance.

Everyone might freak out when I said this. I just grab my chameleon out of the cage and start letting it crawl all over my arms and head. They will freak out and start running all over the place. Once they are used to you, you will be able to handle them easily. Starting is hard. They are like Superman trying to jump when handled. But now all my chameleon are so used to me, I can even hand feed them easily.

Last edited:
stick a loose branch/stick somewhere in the cage and lure him onto that branch, when he's on it, remove branch--> chameleon on a stick

I don't really like forcing him out against his own will so I use this method and I assume it's a little less stressfull, plus, he's starting to get one hell of a grip and I'd rather the branch take in his claws then my arm

Back
Top Bottom