Casque shape?

My feedback and any questions will be in red. I’ll also post some helpful links and pics at the end!

Okay I hope I answer everything.
Flick is a male vieled. Not sure of the age but I've had him for 1 month now. I was told that he may be about 4-6 months based on his patterns.
I do not pick him up or anything. He really doesn't like it but has definitely been warming up to me. When my husband bought him he was told it was the most aggressive cham they'd ever see. He has never been aggressive towards me and will just chill in one spot even if my hand is close
I am feeding him crickets 2 times a day. I feed him however many he'll eat then take any extras I take out. At his age, he should only be fed 5 appropriately sized feeder insects every other day around 30 minutes after his basking bulb turns on. What do you gutload with?
For water I spray or mist the cage 2 times a day for 1 or 2 minutes and I run a dripper between sprays. I have seen him drink from the water and there is no sign of dehydration in his urate. When I see a fresh feces I will check again and let you know. Ideally mist for at least 2 minutes long. What times of day do you mist?
I lightly dust the crickets with calcium without d3 every other day and calcium with d3 every 2 weeks. He also gets the reptivite vitamins weekly What version of Reptivite do you have (with or without D3)? Multivitamins are given every two weeks, just like the calcium with D3. What brand(s) do you use?
His cage is in my bedroom which is the warmest room and he sits in front of a window. His cage is also a screen but I am not sure the exact dimensions but I plant to find a bigger one anyway cause he's growing still Does the window let in heat or cold or is it energy efficient? Can he see his reflection in the window? His adult cage needs to be a minimum of 2’ x 2’ x 4’ tall, but preferably 4’ x 2’ x 4’ tall or bigger
I have the lighting that comes with the kit and am looking for a uvb to replace it. You’re already looking for linear UVB replacements, but the blue basking bulb should be changed out as well. A regular white light household incandescent bulb. The wattage depends on where his temps need to be.
His temps are measured 3 times a day with a I think probe thermometer I move around to different levels and spots in the cage. The very top right under the light gets to 80 and the ground to 70. Lights on at 10 am and off at 10 pm but he seems to go to bed sooner so I may change that. At night the temp is usually 75. Where his casque or top of his back goes under the basking lamp can get up to 85*F, depending on his age, if he’s too cold. A nighttime temperature drop is recommended for veileds. It can safely get down to 50-60*F, but most keep it at 55-65*F at night.
Not sure if I mentioned but the cage sits on my dresser and we live in northeast florida
All plastic plants need to come out ASAP. Veileds are known to eat plants, and a fake one can cause impaction. @Flick boy posted a great and veiled tested live plant list, along the food chart. I’ll post the updated gutload chart. Make sure to properly clean off all new plants and cover the soil in the pot with rocks too big for your chameleon to eat.

What are your nighttime and daytime humidity levels, and how do you measure them?

Here are some great links!

https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/external-resources/
https://chameleonacademy.com/veiled-chameleon-care/

http://www.muchadoaboutchameleons.com/
So by leafy greens could I use some romaine lettuce? I have a prairie dog so I always have some romaine. And I also give them the flukers brand carrot things. And my calcium brands are as follows: calcium with d3 is rep-cal brand, calcium without ds is zoo med brand, and the reptivite is zoo med as well

I would buy more plants, too, if you haven’t already. Veileds cages need 100% live plants, no fakes. The more foliage, the better!
I have seen some people use a bridge going from one side to the other. Is that safe? I thought he might like it but I worry he may try to eat the rope pieces or something

You can get branches from outside but avoid pine or trees with high levels of sap in them . Most on here recommend using dawn soap to disinfect and then dry them I put mine in the hotpress dont know what you call them in the states .
I give my prairie dog branches to climb on. We cook them in an oven to get off all the nasty stuff

Super 👌 this from another member. I also use kale pak choy

Attachments

• 20210115_212915.jpg
    20210115_212915.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 55
So by leafy greens could I use some romaine lettuce? I have a prairie dog so I always have some romaine. And I also give them the flukers brand carrot things. And my calcium brands are as follows: calcium with d3 is rep-cal brand, calcium without ds is zoo med brand, and the reptivite is zoo med as well
I’m not sure about romaine. I usually just use what’s posted on the gutloading image. Does the Zoo Med Reptivite has D3 in it? Also what are your humidity levels for day and nighttime?

Back
Top Bottom