Carpet chameleon cage?

so I will be getting a carpet chameleon what are some screen cage I can use.
Before committing to a particular type of cage (eg screen, glass, hybrid) it is worthwhile figuring out the ideal conditions for your species and comparing that against the ambient conditions of the room in which you intend to keep it. This way, you can select the type of enclosure that will best help you to approach/achieve ideal conditions. If your room is very cold and dry, a glass or hybrid enclosure might be best. If your room is warm and humid, screen might serve you better.

In short, what are the ideal conditions for lats, and how far off is the room in which you intend to keep him/her from said conditions? An answer here will likely indicate the appropriate cage.

What type of cage do you use for your current chameleon and what are your temp and humidity levels? Do you have a mist king and will it be used for both enclosures? These are things to consider.

I have a Veiled and a Carpet Chameleon and use screen and bioactive enclosures. But I'm in Florida so I have high humidity and temps already.

And what's your temps and humidity ranges using the screen for your current cham?

My humidity is 45 55 in the day and 80 100 at night for my temperature it’s 80 in the basket spot and to the bottom of the cage 70 75 and at night it’s about 65 to 70.

Frank Payne from Living Art has a very good YouTube video and PDF care sheet for them on his website. Theres also a podcast episode for them. I think 45 50 might be too low but I'm not an expert.

What type of cage do you use for your current chameleon and what are your temp and humidity levels? Do you have a mist king and will it be used for both enclosures? These are things to consider.

I have a Veiled and a Carpet Chameleon and use screen and bioactive enclosures. But I'm in Florida so I have high humidity and temps already.
I got a misting today I will not have either one bioactive

My humidity is 45 55 in the day and 80 100 at night for my temperature it’s 80 in the basket spot and to the bottom of the cage 70 75 and at night it’s about 65 to 70.
That should work for the carpet chameleon although you'll probably want to increase the temps at the basking spot. They're smaller and don't have a casque like a veiled. Frank Payne does have a helpful care sheet which you can download from this page of his website: https://www.livingartbyfrankpayne.com/care-sheets

If I recall correctly he doesn't measure humidity and he prefers PVC cages. But again it all depends on your setup and if you're sharing a mist king then you might want to get the same type of enclosure so you have similar misting needs. Again it's a smaller cage for a carpet chameleon so for me I do light misting via mist king and then fogging for my Veiled at night but not the carpet chameleon. That seems to work for them.

Have you picked which breeder you're going to buy from? @javadi was very helpful in giving me advice and when I was troubleshooting my setup.

That should work for the carpet chameleon although you'll probably want to increase the temps at the basking spot. They're smaller and don't have a casque like a veiled. Frank Payne does have a helpful care sheet which you can download from this page of his website: https://www.livingartbyfrankpayne.com/care-sheets

If I recall correctly he doesn't measure humidity and he prefers PVC cages. But again it all depends on your setup and if you're sharing a mist king then you might want to get the same type of enclosure so you have similar misting needs. Again it's a smaller cage for a carpet chameleon so for me I do light misting via mist king and then fogging for my Veiled at night but not the carpet chameleon. That seems to work for them.

Have you picked which breeder you're going to buy from? @javadi was very helpful in giving me advice and when I was troubleshooting my setup.
I just sent javadi a message

I am going to do a screen cage with dragon ledge’s

You could even go smaller. Frank Payne says 18x18x24. However once you go that short you have to get different lights and you run out of room for plants and laybins IMHO. So I stuck with 18x18x36. My carpet chameleon uses all the space.
I think I will stick with the bigger cage

Back
Top Bottom