Carpet chameleon and vet!!

I had quite a few geckos...fat tails, mourning geckos, Madagascar ground geckos, frog eyed sand geckos, leave tailed geckos, and a few more. I liked them all.

I had quite a few geckos...fat tails, mourning geckos, Madagascar ground geckos, frog eyed sand geckos, leave tailed geckos, and a few more. I liked them all.
I’ve only had leopards. I almost got a crested but decided against it and got another leopard. I really like the satanic leaf tailed geckos. They’re so beautiful.

Update on the little guy. I put in a new branch and moved his feeding cup in hopes he would see the bugs but no luck. He got formula fed today and I’ll be buying crickets tomorrow in hopes he’ll eat them. He went this whole weekend not eating, but his urates are white and look great. So I know he’s well hydrated.
907A9D48-CDBD-4533-A022-598C81360FF2.jpeg

Here he is basking a bit after he ate.
image.jpg

sorry for the crappy photos as I’m trying to leave him alone as to not stress him anymore. But that’s the stick leading to his bowl. He hasn’t had trouble pooping or peeing. Just his one eye and getting him use to hunting, using the bowl and me. I’ve tried hand feeding and he won’t accept. Hopefully the crickets tomorrow will entice him. I have hornworms on the way as well so maybe he just needs something to stimulate him before he eats. We finally got the supplies to connect him to the automatic mister though which is great. So he can be misted a bit more consistently. I was using a hand mister and I didn’t like it. It just dumped water. He’s been doing great besides that though. Usually will bash under the heat and then retreat into the greenery of his enclosure. Active little guy. Just might take a bit to get him to the point of eating on his own. If not I don’t mind syringe feeding him for as long as he lives.

Sad/worrying update today.

I think he developed a respiratory infection. He’ll tilt his head up and make a squeaking noise with his mouth gaping. I’ll be getting paid this weekend hopefully and I’ll take him in right away. I’m wondering if this slowly developed since I got him or something flawed in my care. He’s got right humidity, and I made sure he didn’t aspirate his food while feeding. I just feel bad for the little guy and will try my best to get him in soon.

My older adult veiled is also having problems. He hasn’t pooped in 3 weeks. So he’ll probably go to the vet too. I’ll be trying a bunch of at home remedies. He got a 10 minute warm shower today but to no avail. I just got hornworms today too so I fed him one, I gave him some repta boost with mineral oil (I made sure he didn’t aspirate and fed through his teeth slowly.) and gave him a bit more without mineral oil since he’s not a healthy eater. Just hoping he passes tomorrow. I’ll put him on a warm pad or in my heated blanket and let him sit on them for 30 minutes. If that doesn’t work I’ll try a shower and bath one more time before he goes to the vet too. I can’t think of him being impacted. Only thing he could possibly swallow are the stones, but I made sure they’re large enough so he couldn’t swallow them. We’ll see.

Man chameleon care can switch up so easily. Wish me luck, if you guys have any suggestions please let me know. I’m a tad bit stressed about it, and anything that could help at least my older cham would be great.

Even though there is perfect humidity levels. There still must be clean air flow. A good chimney effect. I think you have it. Just mentioning Incase.

Back
Top Bottom