Carpet chameleon and vet!!

If the cages are on ground level or near the ground, elevating them so the basking branches are at eye level or higher will be much much better and give them a better sense of safety, which is especially important to Algae right now since he's new

If the cages are on ground level or near the ground, elevating them so the basking branches are at eye level or higher will be much much better and give them a better sense of safety, which is especially important to Algae right now since he's new
They’re in a room that isn’t so busy at the moment, I just come in and visit him. We’re renovating currently, they’ll have a room to themselves and be raised up. Just can’t exactly do that right now due to renovations and space.

Update on the lil guy today. He gobbled his syringe food today. I decided to try a new method because prying open their mouths isn’t the best, so I drip fed him from above with the syringe and he gobbled it up. Way more friendlier way too for me and him. It did get a bit messy but I wiped him off with a rag and gave him a quick misting afterwards so he was a bit cleaner. He didn’t like the misting too well but I didn’t want the food to get crusty on him.

E3C11E68-A34A-4B28-BCEB-1C30166D963D.jpeg

Messy eater.
05061EC8-9FA1-47D3-9C0D-A0E9897BBF53.jpeg

A healthy poop, white urate and nice brown portion. It’s a little soaked from the misting since I didn’t notice it til afterwards.
2DC0D442-976E-422E-BF88-4F44D778135F.jpeg

The angry boy after the misting. I’ll be leaving him alone for the rest of today and don’t plan of feeding him tomorrow. I’ve noticed he’s become more active and has definitely gotten some balance back along with some of his colors. He’s also been basking way more than he did in the beginning. I take those as signs of improvement and gaining slight health back.
image.jpg

Moving closer to his basking spot.
image.jpg

“mom stop taking pics of me!”

Fine, you’re just too cute 😤

Super rewarding indeed! Especially the poops and urates! Never thought I would say this, but it’s like a little present he leaves me! Good to know he’s not blocked up and dehydrated.
🤣🤣 never been that focused on poop, until I became a Cham owner........😂😂
Good he’s progressing. Does he open his right eye? Or those it stay close all the time?

Thank you so much for taking this little dude on. How lucky he was to have you walk into the shop! He’s gorgeous, of course. Love carpet chameleons 😍

You said..."I decided to try a new method because prying open their mouths isn’t the best, so I drip fed him from above with the syringe and he gobbled it up"...I was just going to tell you this after reading about you prying his mouth open and you said exactly what I was going to say to you! Nice job!

You said..."I decided to try a new method because prying open their mouths isn’t the best, so I drip fed him from above with the syringe and he gobbled it up"...I was just going to tell you this after reading about you prying his mouth open and you said exactly what I was going to say to you! Nice job!
Yeah! I kinda realized I could wield the power of chameleon instinct and it worked! I’m use to dealing with geckos which can be pains to rehabilitate at times. Never open their mouths when you syringe feed them and just wipe the food off their nose. Chameleons are a lot easier to take care of at times lol!

Regarding the misting...if you were spraying him with pressure right on his face, that might be why he didn't like it....better to mist from above like rainfall IMHO.
I did it from above and watered his plants down. I don’t think he was misted often in the store. I’ll have him connected to my automatic mister once the extensions I ordered come in. So it’ll always be consistent and from above. ROGHT now he’s being hand misted.

Yeah! I kinda realized I could wield the power of chameleon instinct and it worked! I’m use to dealing with geckos which can be pains to rehabilitate at times. Never open their mouths when you syringe feed them and just wipe the food off their nose. Chameleons are a lot easier to take care of at times lol!
What kind of geckos have you dealt with?

Back
Top Bottom