cant wait to get my cham!

ApocalypseUK

Hey! Guys! Cant wait to get my 1st chameleon but I just need a little advice 1st :) I was wondering if I could get some advice I did post in the introduce yourself part but not sure if I should be asking questions there.
I was wondering
I'm trying to figure out a way of draining the water from my exo terra cage I just can't physically think of a way of doing it, except kitchen towers/paper towels at the bottom of the cage.
2)*I don't know why but I seem to have a crazy mental block with this but I'm thinking of getting a Reptisun 10.0 UVB but I can't think of the name of the holder that the bulbs sits in a little bit like aquariums fish-tanks have :p but I'm sure you know what I mean.
3)
I completely can't work out the calcium and vitamin powders/medicines they need every video or comment I see everyone use's something different and a different times compared to everyone else and I'm really confused :p
4)The lighting I leave the lights on for say 10-12 hours a day and then at night do I turn both the UVB bulbs and the normal 50-60w bulbs off? or do I constantly leave 1 on?obviously this would be for night time, just a little confused.
5)when its nights out for the chameleon to get some sleep and his bulbs are off ready for bed will it disturb him much when for example I turn the bedroom light to say get changed ready for bed myself or even have the TV on?

Once I get my cham cant wait to introduce him to you guys :)

Hey! Guys! Cant wait to get my 1st chameleon but I just need a little advice 1st :) I was wondering if I could get some advice I did post in the introduce yourself part but not sure if I should be asking questions there.
I was wondering
I'm trying to figure out a way of draining the water from my exo terra cage I just can't physically think of a way of doing it, except kitchen towers/paper towels at the bottom of the cage.
2)*I don't know why but I seem to have a crazy mental block with this but I'm thinking of getting a Reptisun 10.0 UVB but I can't think of the name of the holder that the bulbs sits in a little bit like aquariums fish-tanks have :p but I'm sure you know what I mean.
3)
I completely can't work out the calcium and vitamin powders/medicines they need every video or comment I see everyone use's something different and a different times compared to everyone else and I'm really confused :p
4)The lighting I leave the lights on for say 10-12 hours a day and then at night do I turn both the UVB bulbs and the normal 50-60w bulbs off? or do I constantly leave 1 on?obviously this would be for night time, just a little confused.
5)when its nights out for the chameleon to get some sleep and his bulbs are off ready for bed will it disturb him much when for example I turn the bedroom light to say get changed ready for bed myself or even have the TV on?

Once I get my cham cant wait to introduce him to you guys :)

1. You could try using the tray that flower pots sit in and just take it out when it gets to full

2. No you want a 5.0 linear tube not 10.0.

3. calcium with no d3 every feeding or every other depends on if your cham. If you see a white crust around the nose then you are over supplementing and need to cut back. Multivitam like Herpative 2 a month and calcium w/ d3 twice a month as well. d3 is for the lack of sun that chams get for being kept indoors.

4. 40-60 watt daylight bulb and uVB light on 10-12 hrs a day. Then turn both on them off at night. Chams need a drop in temp at night and total darkness. They have a 3rd eye on there head that detects light even when their eyes are closed. You can throw a sheet over there cage at night with all the likes turned off if you keep them in your room and you yourself are noctunral at night like I am. If you use a sheet at night do NOT use a timer b/c if you sleep in one morning and forgot to remove the sheet you could start a fire.

5. Use the sheet.

And since you are from the UK, Cmon you gunners!

1. You could try using the tray that flower pots sit in and just take it out when it gets to full

2. No you want a 5.0 linear tube not 10.0.

3. calcium with no d3 every feeding or every other depends on if your cham. If you see a white crust around the nose then you are over supplementing and need to cut back. Multivitam like Herpative 2 a month and calcium w/ d3 twice a month as well. d3 is for the lack of sun that chams get for being kept indoors.

4. 40-60 watt daylight bulb and uVB light on 10-12 hrs a day. Then turn both on them off at night. Chams need a drop in temp at night and total darkness. They have a 3rd eye on there head that detects light even when their eyes are closed. You can throw a sheet over there cage at night with all the likes turned off if you keep them in your room and you yourself are noctunral at night like I am. If you use a sheet at night do NOT use a timer b/c if you sleep in one morning and forgot to remove the sheet you could start a fire.

5. Use the sheet.

And since you are from the UK, Cmon you gunners!

arhh ok yeh the pot idea isnt a bad idea :)

what can i put the linear tube into as i dont want to just rest the light above my cage and i cant remember what the holders called :p

is the exo terra thereometer and hydrometer good to get or should i get more professional ones like a digital one ?

so i should have my day light bulb and UVB bulb on for 10-12 hours then switch them completely off when its his bed time, and if i need to do anything myself try put some sheet over him ?
i really appreciate all the advice and help you guys give me :)

Congrats on your very first cham :D

The very best UVB with fixture come from right there in the UK.
'Arcadia"
You should be able to get them cheaper then us yanks across the pond :)

Congrats on your very first cham :D

The very best UVB with fixture come from right there in the UK.
'Arcadia"
You should be able to get them cheaper then us yanks across the pond :)

haha havent quite got my cham yet im getting all prepared set up and making sure everything is as perfect as possible 1st before i get it :)
arhh ok then tube light holders are called arcadia then? sweet!
lol your comment at the end :)

Back
Top Bottom