Can't pull herself up, please help

I've already consulted my vet about her lighting conditions, she is getting the uvb, the previous bulb I had was not strong enough. And thank you, I will not use tomato.

There's nothing wrong with using tomato in my opinion, just not excess ^^

And I totally like your new plan for taking her outside. Trust me she will benefit tons from the natural UVB and you will likely see some changes rather quickly. It always helps the most when I have MBD chameleons. Don't give her excessive amounts of D3 if you take her out every day for 30 minutes. You will not need it since she will be making plenty of it and she doesn't need extra of that. Just focus on calcium if you do that ^^. I am rooting for your girl.

I think you really need to reconsider the Uvb and opt for a t5 10.0 linear bulb...the coils uvb do not reach down very far at all and it doesn't look like she had many horizontal vines to get up close under them in the first place. That or outside every day for natural sun as others have said.

I have a question and if this has already been asked, I apologize. What type of vet is she seeing? I am no expert with Chams, but I learned all to quickly when I had Boas and Beardies that there are vets inexperienced with different reptiles and exotics that will still see and treat them (all they care about is the money) but honestly are not very knowledgeable with exotics.

Generally even a lot of exotic vets aren't good with chams. They have to have chameleon knowledge or experience. I like my vet because she is exotics and small animals, she knows what she's doing most of the time, but isn't afraid to look things up for me for hours on end, or sometimes defers to me with my chams if I have something I want her to do. But then again I bring in a lot of strange animals to her that she's not seen out of school before.

Generally even a lot of exotic vets aren't good with chams. They have to have chameleon knowledge or experience. I like my vet because she is exotics and small animals, she knows what she's doing most of the time, but isn't afraid to look things up for me for hours on end, or sometimes defers to me with my chams if I have something I want her to do. But then again I bring in a lot of strange animals to her that she's not seen out of school before.

I couldn't agree more. Our cham hasn't arrived yet, but I already have a vet for him. I contacted my "regular" vet for some exotic vet reccomendations, called those that were suggested and asked a bunch of questions regarding Cham knowledge and experience specifically. When one of them gave me all their credentials and then told me to make an appointment as soon as my cham arrives because they will want to check for a, b, c, etc., (which I had already planned on doing once he gets here), I knew I had found the right exotic vet for him.

P.s. I ask because I would rather pay more for a vet to give it to me straight and blunt than tell me what they think I want to hear, no matter how bad the scenario is.

I agree, my vet though she always leaves the ultimate decision up to me, gives me the possibilites and the future of what taking care of a chameleon with certain issues I bring in. She is actually lower cost than most exotic vets around here. But I have been to several others on emergency basis when my vet wasn't in, I have no issue paying extra if needed honestly and that's the whole point. I almost always have an emergency fund of 200+ dollars to help cushion the blow.

I agree, my vet though she always leaves the ultimate decision up to me, gives me the possibilites and the future of what taking care of a chameleon with certain issues I bring in. She is actually lower cost than most exotic vets around here. But I have been to several others on emergency basis when my vet wasn't in, I have no issue paying extra if needed honestly and that's the whole point. I almost always have an emergency fund of 200+ dollars to help cushion the blow.

Being a momma to many scaled and furry babies for years, I couldn't agree more. A savings for emergencies is a must.

Even just feeding my Boas was a dangerous situation. Their meal could, and some would fight back and could even kill them. Preparation is key because you just never know.

I worry about his girl because coming from a pet chain store alone could have set her up for all kinds of problems. The pet store is known for recommending their own vet staff but this may not be the best idea. She may have already had the onset of MBD along with other issues that weren't obvious yet.

Back
Top Bottom